LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: Architecture Theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
(2019-01-31, 2:53)Orion Pobursky Wrote: [ -> ]21043 - San Francisco
OMR Compliant (MPD Center says it is not even though all the checks come back true)

So I'll say that this model would have been incredibly frustrating without LDCad. The set bin and flexible part functionally make this build enjoyable. Also, don't import this model directly into Studio. I had to separate the flex object files into their own custom parts for it to load correctly.
(2019-01-31, 3:01)Orion Pobursky Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-01-31, 2:53)Orion Pobursky Wrote: [ -> ]21043 - San Francisco
OMR Compliant (MPD Center says it is not even though all the checks come back true)

So I'll say that this model would have been incredibly frustrating without LDCad. The set bin and flexible part functionally make this build enjoyable. Also, don't import this model directly into Studio. I had to separate the flex object files into their own custom parts for it to load correctly.

I also authored my first new part in years. Another bit of awesomeness sparked by this set.

The real life build of this set was very enjoyable as well.

All in all one of the better Architecture set out there.
great job. I love it.
[attachment=3418]

OMR Compliant.
Missing: 1x8 Tile with Arc de Triomphe
(2019-02-04, 5:22)Orion Pobursky Wrote: [ -> ]Missing: 1x8 Tile with Arc de Triomphe
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cg...162p1b.dat
The least I could do for a French landmark Wink
21042 - Statue of Liberty
[attachment=3440]
OMR Complaint
Missing: 1x8 tile with Statue of Liberty
Notes: The angles on the model cause small part overlap. I did my best to minimize this but we may want to look at the hinge part to see if it needs to be adjusted.
21047 - Las Vegas
[attachment=3441]
OMR Complaint
Missing: 1x8 tile with Las Vegas, 1x2 tile with Welcome to Las Vegas sign
Notes: The pharaoh headdress is set to gold, it should be changed to tan when the part is fixed.
21039 - Shanghai
[attachment=3439]
OMR Compliant
Missing: 1x8 tile with Shanghai
Notes: There are 4 flex axles inside the core of the rightmost building. I left these out with a place holder note since they are non-visible in the finished model and would add a significant amount to the file size.
Reply heirarchy on this thread has become messed up somehow. Please post all new posts as a reply to this post.
(2019-02-19, 16:17)Orion Pobursky Wrote: [ -> ]21039 - Shanghai

OMR Compliant (yet)
Missing: 1x8 tile with Shanghai
Notes: There are 4 flex axles inside the core of the rightmost building. I left these out with a place holder note since they are non-visible in the finished model and would add a significant amount to the file size.

The above 3 Models are now OMR compliant and have renders.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13