LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: Architecture Theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2020-06-05, 15:19)Orion Pobursky Wrote: [ -> ]21054 - White House

OMR Compliant
Missing: Nothing
Note: This building is a symbol, much like the Eiffel Tower or Buckingham Palace. If you must post about current political events please do so in Off Topic. Any replies in that vein will be moved there.
There is a surplus 'ldr' of FILE 21054 - west-wing-windows-8ldr.ldr
Well, it's reached that point! :-)

[attachment=5343]
(2020-06-08, 21:56)N. W. Perry Wrote: [ -> ]Well, it's reached that point! :-)

Well I may have some free time in the next few days because the fam is out of town. I'll see if I can bang out the last pattern. No guarantees though.
(2020-06-08, 22:57)Orion Pobursky Wrote: [ -> ]Well I may have some free time in the next few days because the fam is out of town. I'll see if I can bang out the last pattern. No guarantees though.

Yeah, that's where I'm at too. I'm going through the LPC tutorials, and I feel like one of Philo's hacks should work here, but it's possible he'll need to invent another one. (Maybe we can motivate him with the fact that it's another French landmark!) Tongue
(2020-06-09, 1:00)N. W. Perry Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, that's where I'm at too. I'm going through the LPC tutorials, and I feel like one of Philo's hacks should work here, but it's possible he'll need to invent another one. (Maybe we can motivate him with the fact that it's another French landmark!) Tongue
As noted above, I can try this one, just don't want to do double work Wink just tell me...!
(2020-06-09, 8:00)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]As noted above, I can try this one, just don't want to do double work Wink just tell me...!

Gimme the next couple of days and them it's yours.
(2020-06-09, 8:00)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]As noted above, I can try this one, just don't want to do double work Wink just tell me...!

(2020-06-09, 8:50)Orion Pobursky Wrote: [ -> ]Gimme the next couple of days and them it's yours.

And meanwhile, I'll have the model ready to go! Smile
21044 Paris

Bringing the theme fully up to date:

[attachment=5369]
[attachment=5356]

OMR compliant: Yes
Missing: Patterned windscreen replaced by unpatterned version for now None (file and image updated)
Errors: None (unless you count the flying of the tricolore from the mast of the Eiffel Tower!)
After building the officially-released version of this set, I found a couple of minor errors in the 21038 version. Both the MPD and the preview image are corrected in the above post.
Who's got dibs on 21056 Taj Mahal, once the instructions drop?
(2021-05-18, 13:47)N. W. Perry Wrote: [ -> ]Who's got dibs on 21056 Taj Mahal, once the instructions drop?

Not til July (since Europe gets it a month early). But I'll prolly be busy so someone else will beat me to it.
20156 - Taj Mahal

[attachment=6576]

OMR Compliant
Missing: Nothing
Notes: None
21057 - Singapore

[attachment=7325]

OMR Compliant
Missing: 2 Tile Patterns
Notes: The Marina Bay Sands angles don't quite work the way they do in real brick
(2022-01-01, 20:36)Orion Pobursky Wrote: [ -> ]21057 - Singapore
OMR Compliant
Missing: 2 Tile Patterns
Notes: The Marina Bay Sands angles don't quite work the way they do in real brick

The first tile pattern is now on PT.

EDIT: And now the second.
Rendered in Studio:
[attachment=7798]
Rendered in Studio with the patterned tiles:
[attachment=7799]
21058 - The Great Pyramid of Giza
[attachment=8268]
OMR Compliant (with unofficial parts)

Missing:
  • 1 x 8 Tile with pattern
  • 1 formed String Braided 31L with End Studs