LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: LDForge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
After over 1 year of development, a beta build of LDForge 0.3 is out with massive changes and improvements. Release highlights:
  • multi-document support
  • various optimizations that make LDForge a LOT faster than before
  • able to download parts off the PT if desired
  • circle tool with ring finder algorithm makes adding rings to parts mostly trivial, can also be used for edge circles and discs
  • magic wand tool for easier group selection
  • support for logoed studs
  • support for direct colors
  • auto-subfiler! just select and fire!
  • various little new features, improvements and bug fixes

Note that this is beta-quality software and has not yet recieved complete exhaustive testing (i.e. I gotta get that kolhii stick done). This means, don't use in production work lest you risk a crash eating your work! I decided to post this after I managed to finally squish the nasty showstopper bugs. I'm thinking about just making the release 1.0 at this point.
I can't run this app. It requires some libraries, can you tell wich one?
All of the required libs should be bundled... what error are you getting?
libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll
libstdc++-6.dll
libwinphtread-1.dll
I downloaded them but next i got QT Failed to load platform plugin “windows”
Blah. I'll repackage this...
Fixed some bugs/flaws and rebundled with missing DLLs.
Wow, great job, program works much faster and much more stable.
Looks like I accidentally left in my configuration file as well as prims.cfg in the distribution. I have re-uploaded it without these files.

Stan Isachenko Wrote:Wow, great job, program works much faster and much more stable.
Thank you, I am glad to hear it works.
It worked fine from the beginning...
- and is much faster indeed, but it nonetheless takes 14s (!) to select all in a moderately sized file (http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?s=15673s02). MLCad does this almost instantaneously.
- Guess it should remember last folder used instead of always going back to LDForge folder...
- I love the magic wand selector!
I need to use it on a real case before more comments Wink
Quote:- and is much faster indeed, but it nonetheless takes 14s (!) to select all in a moderately sized file (http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?s=15673s02). MLCad does this almost instantaneously.
Yeah it's a problem. It's the object list view that causes the delay, and due to the way Qt manages selection on that widget, optimizing it is not very trivial albeit something that's on my list.

Quote:- Guess it should remember last folder used instead of always going back to LDForge folder...
Oh yeah I need to fix that.
Pages: 1 2 3