help to understand making process

RE: help to understand making process
(2024-01-29, 14:50)Dario Folliero Wrote: i have two question:
first: in prmiitive mode with a disc selected if i put in view preference
Move Snap  = 1 (1/1000 LDU)
Rotate Snap = 1 degree
i dont have any change.

"Move Snap" and "Rotate Snap" define the grid of the movements/rotations. Try using 1 for "Move Snap" and move your prim. Now set it to 1000 and repeat. You will see that you cannot make fine adjustments with a 1000 setting. You have to hit "Enter" after you changed the grid for the setting to become active. The same goes for the rotation. Try rotating with 1 and 90 degree. 

(2024-01-29, 14:50)Dario Folliero Wrote: second: CSG seem dont make something if vertex is the vertex of the prim and the triangle are the mesh triangle. i think a make some mistake.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=10929]

* Primitive Mode
* Select [1]
* Select the triangle from the mesh
* Hold down the STRG key
* Select the triangle of the ungrouped prim
* Both triangles change color from white to red. If one of the lines at the crossing of the hypothetical vertex is still white, something is wrong and you have to select again.
* "CSG Intersection points"

Theses are the triangles which must be selected. In your screenshot the triangle of the mesh is selected, the one of the prim is not.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2024-01-29, 14:50)Dario Folliero Wrote: i have two question:
first: in prmiitive mode with a disc selected if i put in view preference
Move Snap  = 1 (1/1000 LDU)
Rotate Snap = 1 degree
i dont have any change.

second: CSG seem dont make something if vertex is the vertex of the prim and the triangle are the mesh triangle. i think a make some mistake.

ok CSG intersection,i think i understand.  i do the same things with the internal disc?
ungroup primitive  and find the new intersection vertex?
i can delete some vertex or triangle?

apparently View-Preference dont have any effect only the Grid size works (yes i use ENTER and i select move o rotate button also). primitive mode and primitive disc selected.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.lpc   prova-29-01.lpc (Size: 90.75 KB / Downloads: 3)

* Calculate the intersections also for the internal disc.
* The resulting vertices have to be polished a bit. Delete all those close to the mesh. Do you notice how important it is to overlay as much of the prim vertices with the mesh as possible? If they are to far away you're breaking the smoothness of the outer shape.

* "Add triangle"
* Pick a color from the color bar. (Right-click on the color if you wanna substitute it with another color from the LDConfig.ldr)
* The color as well as its number show up in the preview.
* Rebuild the eye along the mesh. Do not create triangles crossing the mesh. Keep in mind that some of the triangles could be baked into quads, while rebuilding.

* Finally delete the triangles of the mesh and fill the void. I suggest doing this one by one so you don't get lost and choose different colors. Obviously you might color 16 - Main color right from the start.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2024-01-30, 11:46)Willy Tschager Wrote: * Calculate the intersections also for the internal disc.
* The resulting vertices have to be polished a bit. Delete all those close to the mesh. Do you notice how important it is to overlay as much of the prim vertices with the mesh as possible? If they are to far away you're breaking the smoothness of the outer shape.

* "Add triangle"
* Pick a color from the color bar. (Right-click on the color if you wanna substitute it with another color from the LDConfig.ldr)
* The color as well as its number show up in the preview.
* Rebuild the eye along the mesh. Do not create triangles crossing the mesh. Keep in mind that some of the triangles could be baked into quads, while rebuilding.

* Finally delete the triangles of the mesh and fill the void. I suggest doing this one by one so you don't get lost and choose different colors. Obviously you might color 16 - Main color right from the start.

w.

Attached Files
.lpc   prova-30-01.lpc (Size: 90.37 KB / Downloads: 2)

Your pattern has issues:

* File -> Import from DAT -> Project on XY Plane (-Z, Front)
* Choose the front of the kitten again and "Append part as subpart.
* Your original mesh will show up in green.

1. You missed those two intersections.
2. Your triangle crosses the mesh of the kitten.

For the following to LDPC gives you a helping hand:

* Edit -> Detect Triangle Overlap
* LDPC will report hunderets 'cos you overlapped the kitten front twice. The only important once are those of the pattern

3. You'll notice that there is gap as well as an overlapping triangle.

4. Is tricky. I had to delete all triangles (sometimes the best strategy is reset everything and start from scratch). There is a black line. Now since LDPC doesn't support lines this can only be a misfigured, colinear triangle.

* Triangle Mode
* Select and delete
* Rebuild.

Zooming in I noticed that the neighboring vertex doesn't match the line exactly.

* Select the vertex.
* Merge/Split... -> ...merge to nearest line (triangle)

5. Good to see you noticed the vertex in the previous file was very close to the s01 mesh. Could have created a T-Junk at best, worst a gap or an overlap but you already fixed it.

Fix and post.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2024-02-01, 18:25)Willy Tschager Wrote: Your pattern has issues:

* File -> Import from DAT -> Project on XY Plane (-Z, Front)
* Choose the front of the kitten again and "Append part as subpart.
* Your original mesh will show up in green.

1. You missed those two intersections.
2. Your triangle crosses the mesh of the kitten.

For the following to LDPC gives you a helping hand:

* Edit -> Detect Triangle Overlap
* LDPC will report hunderets 'cos you overlapped the kitten front twice. The only important once are those of the pattern

3. You'll notice that there is gap as well as an overlapping triangle.

4. Is tricky. I had to delete all triangles (sometimes the best strategy is reset everything and start from scratch). There is a black line. Now since LDPC doesn't support lines this can only be a misfigured, colinear triangle.

* Triangle Mode
* Select and delete
* Rebuild.

Zooming in I noticed that the neighboring vertex doesn't match the line exactly.

* Select the vertex.
* Merge/Split... -> ...merge to nearest line (triangle)

5. Good to see you noticed the vertex in the previous file was very close to the s01 mesh. Could have created a T-Junk at best, worst a gap or an overlap but you already fixed it.

Fix and post.

w.

i fix, i have some doubt for the upper curvature of the top part of the black disk, seem too flat.

(2024-02-02, 11:42)Dario Folliero Wrote: i fix all but not the two intersection, I can't select the triangle highlighted in red; I've deleted the original triangles, and I'm unable to create the new intersection vertices.

Since you deleted the original triangles, you have to once more "Ungroup" the prim. LDPC is not LPDE. You cannot select traingles and prims at the same time.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2024-02-02, 11:48)Willy Tschager Wrote: Since you deleted the original triangles, you have to once more "Ungroup" the prim. LDPC is not LPDE. You cannot select traingles and prims at the same time.

w.

yes corect... i found this solution i  delete trinagle and recreate to find intersection, i forgot to ungroup :/
(2024-02-02, 11:58)Dario Folliero Wrote: yes corect... i found this solution i  delete trinagle and recreate to find intersection, i forgot to ungroup :/

.lpc   prova-30-01.lpc (Size: 132.33 KB / Downloads: 2)

1. These two vertices aren't needed and should be merged.
2. Deleting that overlapping triangle you deleted also the vertex, which was just fine.

I took your previous file and polished it to go on.

1. As I don't like messy parts I colored the background of the eye area and did a final test by setting the "Opacity" = 100% and checked the pattern with preview
2. I selected the 16 - Main Color triangles and "Edit -> Select Same Color" all other triangles of the front. I deleted them.
3. "Remove isolated vertices"

Before you are going to export your pattern, some setting are required. Deactivate the Rectifier - you will do the process later in LPDE

* "File -> Export as DAT -> Project on XY Plane (-Z, Front)" - the same projection plane we used on the import.

I attach my polished export file.

w.

Attached Files
.dat   KItten-Eye-Pattern.dat (Size: 5.56 KB / Downloads: 2)
LEGO ergo sum
(2024-02-03, 17:33)Willy Tschager Wrote: 1. These two vertices aren't needed and should be merged.
2. Deleting that overlapping triangle you deleted also the vertex, which was just fine.

I took your previous file and polished it to go on.

1. As I don't like messy parts I colored the background of the eye area and did a final test by setting the "Opacity" = 100% and checked the pattern with preview
2. I selected the 16 - Main Color triangles and "Edit -> Select Same Color" all other triangles of the front. I deleted them.
3. "Remove isolated vertices"

Before you are going to export your pattern, some setting are required. Deactivate the Rectifier - you will do the process later in LPDE

* "File -> Export as DAT -> Project on XY Plane (-Z, Front)" - the same projection plane we used on the import.

I attach my polished export file.

w.
ok this is mine
but need some other things to do? because the eye are not the correct position on LDview

.dat   80686s03p1.dat (Size: 5.42 KB / Downloads: 1)
(2024-02-03, 21:31)Dario Folliero Wrote: ok this is mine
but need some other things to do? because the eye are not the correct position on LDview

Noone said we are done. The 2D pattern of the eye has to be projected onto the 3D mesh.

This can be done with Philo's stand-alone prog SlizerPro:

https://philohome.com/isecalc/slicerpro.htm

which explains in detail how it works. Better used with Mike Heidemann's graphical front-end LETGUI:

https://ldraw.heidemann.org/index.php?page=letgui

or directly in LDPE.

* Open the pattern as well as your eyes sub in LDPE.
* Copy the triangles of the s03 mesh to the pattern file.
* "Front" view
* As the 3D mesh covers the right eye of the kitten and the pattern its left area, you are going to mirror the s03 mesh
* Select the mesh either in the Text Editor or in the 3D Editor
* "Action -> Scale selection". The Scaling dialog will pop-up.
* Put a"-" in front of the 1.0000 in the X field and make sure the manipulator is in the origin.

This is as you would manipulate the matrix by swapping on the axes.

* With the mesh at +X you will project the pattern at Z=0 to the mesh.

* Select the pattern
* "Back" view, cos' the mesh is in front of the pattern and you are telling LDPE the direction in which it should project
* "Tools... -> SlizerPro" Read the pop-up and understand what it does.
* "OK"

* You will get two patterns. The original with z=0 and the patterned mesh. You can casually delete the original pattern.
* You should always closely inspect the result. Infact there is an unnecessary vertex 2.626286 -30.727622 -15.455144 which should be merged but worse a projection gone wrong. Apparently I planed to merge that vertex to the triangle but didn't - my bad :-( Check your pattern in LDPC if the vertex in that area lays exactly on the mesh of the prim or if it is off. That's why I insist on accuracy when placing the vertices on the mesh or generating intersections. You can fix your pattern and repeat the projection process or try to fix the issue in LDPE.
* Substitute the 14 - Yellow with 16 - Main color; Round; Rectify; BFC ...
* Save your sub under 80686p01s03 and give it a proper description. I also recommend to save the original s03 mesh with the mirrored eye area. You will save a few bits because of all the "-" gone in front of the X values.

Read: https://www.ldraw.org/article/512.html#patterns for the "Patterned Part Regulations"

* Return to LDPC .
* Reposition the background for the nose.
* Place the vertices free-hand or use Splines or use prims, modifing them.

Read: https://forums.ldraw.org/thread-27173-po...l#pid49649

Keep in mind that we author ideal patterns where misprints, overlay, asymmetries have to be corrected.

w.

PS. Ti mando fattura o ti basta uno scontrino? Big Grin
LEGO ergo sum
(2024-02-04, 17:02)Willy Tschager Wrote: Noone said we are done. The 2D pattern of the eye has to be projected onto the 3D mesh.

This can be done with Philo's stand-alone prog SlizerPro:

https://philohome.com/isecalc/slicerpro.htm

which explains in detail how it works. Better used with Mike Heidemann's graphical front-end LETGUI:

https://ldraw.heidemann.org/index.php?page=letgui

or directly in LDPE.

* Open the pattern as well as your eyes sub in LDPE.
* Copy the triangles of the s03 mesh to the pattern file.
* "Front" view
* As the 3D mesh covers the right eye of the kitten and the pattern its left area, you are going to mirror the s03 mesh
* Select the mesh either in the Text Editor or in the 3D Editor
* "Action -> Scale selection". The Scaling dialog will pop-up.
* Put a"-" in front of the 1.0000 in the X field and make sure the manipulator is in the origin.

This is as you would manipulate the matrix by swapping on the axes.

* With the mesh at +X you will project the pattern at Z=0 to the mesh.

* Select the pattern
* "Back" view, cos' the mesh is in front of the pattern and you are telling LDPE the direction in which it should project
* "Tools... -> SlizerPro" Read the pop-up and understand what it does.
* "OK"

* You will get two patterns. The original with z=0 and the patterned mesh. You can casually delete the original pattern.
* You should always closely inspect the result. Infact there is an unnecessary vertex 2.626286 -30.727622 -15.455144 which should be merged but worse a projection gone wrong. Apparently I planed to merge that vertex to the triangle but didn't - my bad :-( Check your pattern in LDPC if the vertex in that area lays exactly on the mesh of the prim or if it is off. That's why I insist on accuracy when placing the vertices on the mesh or generating intersections. You can fix your pattern and repeat the projection process or try to fix the issue in LDPE.
* Substitute the 14 - Yellow with 16 - Main color; Round; Rectify; BFC ...
* Save your sub under 80686p01s03 and give it a proper description. I also recommend to save the original s03 mesh with the mirrored eye area. You will save a few bits because of all the "-" gone in front of the X values.

Read: https://www.ldraw.org/article/512.html#patterns for the "Patterned Part Regulations"

* Return to LDPC .
* Reposition the background for the nose.
* Place the vertices free-hand or use Splines or use prims, modifing them.

Read: https://forums.ldraw.org/thread-27173-po...l#pid49649

Keep in mind that we author ideal patterns where misprints, overlay, asymmetries have to be corrected.

w.

PS. Ti mando fattura o ti basta uno scontrino? Big Grin
Se passi da Roma ti offro un pizza!! : )
(2024-02-04, 18:18)Dario Folliero Wrote: Se passi da Roma ti offro un pizza!! : )

something go wrong but i dont understand... i dont see the pattern in the preview of the file and also in LDview

(2024-02-04, 19:20)Dario Folliero Wrote: something go wrong but i dont understand... i dont see the pattern in the preview of the file and also in LDview

what are the red 4?

(2024-02-04, 19:20)Dario Folliero Wrote: something go wrong but i dont understand... i dont see the pattern in the preview of the file and also in LDview

The preview in the Explorer is not trustworthy because of BFC. Set up your new main file with the correct subs and check in LDPE:

0 Animal Kitten Stading Tan Muzzle and Black Mouth, Nose, and Eyes with White Pupils Pattern
0 Name: 80686p01.dat
0 Author: Dario Fol [dariofol]
0 !LDRAW_ORG Unofficial_Part
0 !LICENSE Licensed under CC BY 4.0 : see CAreadme.txt

0 BFC CERTIFY CCW

1 16 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 s\80686s01.dat
1 16 0 0 0 -1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 s\80686s02.dat
1 16 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 s\80686s02.dat
1 16 0 0 0 -1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 s\80686p01s03.dat
1 16 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 s\80686p01s03.dat

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2024-02-04, 19:41)Dario Folliero Wrote: what are the red 4?

Quads.

https://www.ldraw.org/article/218.html#lt4

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2024-02-04, 19:41)Dario Folliero Wrote: what are the red 4?

Sad

(2024-02-04, 20:17)Dario Folliero Wrote: Sad

i flip mesh?

(2024-02-04, 20:27)Dario Folliero Wrote: i flip mesh?

ok i think i fix the BFC... but why mesh are moved from the original position?

(2024-02-04, 20:48)Dario Folliero Wrote: ok i think i fix the BFC... but why mesh are moved from the original position?
i dont understand the mistake.. should be that i deleted the pattern instead the mesh when i do projection...
seem now its ok but on ldview i have something that should be a issue
also on studio theres a problem on the edge of the supbart

should be that i run the rectifier?

.png   30.PNG (Size: 38.29 KB / Downloads: 167)

I have no idea why your subs don't match without a closer inspection of the code. Please post you files and subs. Mine line up perfectly, also with the conds of s01.

Looks fine also in LDView - beside the usual artefacts patterns trigger (right eye).

See my files attached.

w.

Attached Files
.dat   80686p01s03.dat (Size: 4.81 KB / Downloads: 3)
.dat   80686p01.dat (Size: 598 bytes / Downloads: 3)
LEGO ergo sum
(2024-02-05, 8:53)Willy Tschager Wrote: I have no idea why your subs don't match without a closer inspection of the code. Please post you files and subs. Mine line up perfectly, also with the conds of s01.

Looks fine also in LDView - beside the usual artefacts patterns trigger (right eye).

See my files attached.

w.

solved. a triangle are BFC inverted

i try now the noose, can i send you the final file to watch if its ok?
(2024-02-05, 10:05)Dario Folliero Wrote: i try now the noose, can i send you the final file to watch if its ok?

Only if you add a non-alcoholic beer to the pizza.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
Big Grinok
(2024-02-05, 12:29)Willy Tschager Wrote: Only if you add a non-alcoholic beer to the pizza.

w.
its ok pattern in this way?

.dat   80686p01s02.dat (Size: 13.42 KB / Downloads: 2)
I thought I had grasped the program's logic to some extent, but it always surprises me with its difficulty. Could you help me a bit more? How do you center or rotate the deer to get it in the correct front-right position? How do you add studs? I can't seem to move them once placed; they remain in that position forever. And how do they align properly on the back? Can the connectivity elements be directly added in LDPart Creator to use it correctly in Studio? I swear I tried to read the documentation to continue independently, but it seems absurd that such simple operations can't be done with a bit of intuition... Sad("

(2024-02-05, 18:15)Dario Folliero Wrote: I thought I had grasped the program's logic to some extent, but it always surprises me with its difficulty. Could you help me a bit more? How do you center or rotate the deer to get it in the correct front-right position? How do you add studs? I can't seem to move them once placed; they remain in that position forever. And how do they align properly on the back? Can the connectivity elements be directly added in LDPart Creator to use it correctly in Studio? I swear I tried to read the documentation to continue independently, but it seems absurd that such simple operations can't be done with a bit of intuition... Sad("

There's this, maybe It could help
[attachment=11020]
(2024-02-05, 19:11)Jeff Jones Wrote: There's this, maybe It could help

yes i use the move button... i understand that if i select all i can move to center the whole part... but for the primitive part (the stud) i dont be able to move... maybe because its similar to a subpart? 

i try to select triangle, line vertex... but stud move the vertex in preview mode but still in your place.
(2024-02-05, 15:22)Dario Folliero Wrote: its ok pattern in this way?

Looks ok but a tiny bit more detail wouldn't hurt. You should try to evenly space the vertices ... and avoid sharp angles (comparing your pattern to the original pic.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2024-02-06, 9:57)Dario Folliero Wrote: yes i use the move button... i understand that if i select all i can move to center the whole part... but for the primitive part (the stud) i dont be able to move... maybe because its similar to a subpart? 

i try to select triangle, line vertex... but stud move the vertex in preview mode but still in your place.

Hello: in the image shared by Jeff, he marked the "move selection" option. At the right of it you have a set of four "cuboids":
The first is vertex.
The second is surface.
The tirth is line/conditional line.
The fourth is primitive.
You need to select the last one in order to move the primitive.
This is going to qualify for a Tiramisu or Crema Catalana:

* As I don't have the deer mesh I took the horse as example by moving it out of its origin.
* Looking at other animals the origin is at the bottom, between the two studs.
* I need to know the exact position of the current origin.
* I added a line from corner to corner. (Theoretically speaking a brick 1x2 has to perfectly fit in that space. So I would first measure it and I would try to squeeze in a brick, merging the vertices of the deer to the corners or the brick 1x2 before doing the following manipulation).

* Giving that the corners are correct you could draw a second line and after selecting the two new lines "Calculate Line Intersection Point" or simply "Action... -> Split" one line.
* This vertex is your current origin

* Select the vertex and get its values. You have to translate the mesh on all axes 'til this vertex becomes all 0
* Make sure the manipulator is at the origin
* "Select... -> ...All"
* "Action... -> Translate Selection"
* Add the opposite values of your origin vertex to that the sum of x, y, z = 0

* You should check if the vertices in the middle are all X=0 and that the Brick 1x2 fits

* Jeff is right with his suggestion. Prims or subs are all the same so the "Select -> Subpart + CSG Mode -> Move" icons will to the job
* Faster would be using the Text Editor:

* Move the cursor to the beginning or the end or whatever position you want your stud.
* "STRG+R" will add a standard matrix: 1 16 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 
* Add "stug2-2x1.dat" to it: 1 16 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 stug2-2x1.dat. The stud should become visible in the 3D Editor
* Rotate it in the 3D Editor or if you are good at maths enter the correct values in the text editor 1 16 0 0 0 0 0 -1 0 1 0 1 0 0 stug2-2x1.dat

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2024-02-06, 13:34)Javier Orquera Wrote: Hello: in the image shared by Jeff, he marked the "move selection" option. At the right of it you have a set of four "cuboids":
The first is vertex.
The second is surface.
The tirth is line/conditional line.
The fourth is primitive.
You need to select the last one in order to move the primitive.
You're right, this program makes me feel stupid  I underestimated the last cube. thanks
(2024-02-06, 13:34)Willy Tschager Wrote: This is going to qualify for a Tiramisu or Crema Catalana:

* As I don't have the deer mesh I took the horse as example by moving it out of its origin.
* Looking at other animals the origin is at the bottom, between the two studs.
* I need to know the exact position of the current origin.
* I added a line from corner to corner. (Theoretically speaking a brick 1x2 has to perfectly fit in that space. So I would first measure it and I would try to squeeze in a brick, merging the vertices of the deer to the corners or the brick 1x2 before doing the following manipulation).

* Giving that the corners are correct you could draw a second line and after selecting the two new lines "Calculate Line Intersection Point" or simply "Action... -> Split" one line.
* This vertex is your current origin

* Select the vertex and get its values. You have to translate the mesh on all axes 'til this vertex becomes all 0
* Make sure the manipulator is at the origin
* "Select... -> ...All"
* "Action... -> Translate Selection"
* Add the opposite values of your origin vertex to that the sum of x, y, z = 0

* You should check if the vertices in the middle are all X=0 and that the Brick 1x2 fits

* Jeff is right with his suggestion. Prims or subs are all the same so the "Select -> Subpart + CSG Mode -> Move" icons will to the job
* Faster would be using the Text Editor:

* Move the cursor to the beginning or the end or whatever position you want your stud.
* "STRG+R" will add a standard matrix: 1 16 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 
* Add "stug2-2x1.dat" to it: 1 16 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 stug2-2x1.dat. The stud should become visible in the 3D Editor
* Rotate it in the 3D Editor or if you are good at maths enter the correct values in the text editor 1 16 0 0 0 0 0 -1 0 1 0 1 0 0 stug2-2x1.dat

w.
"If I manage to do everything, waiting for the tiramisu, I'm going for champagne!! Smile)
(2024-02-06, 12:46)Willy Tschager Wrote: Looks ok but a tiny bit more detail wouldn't hurt. You should try to evenly space the vertices ... and avoid sharp angles (comparing your pattern to the original pic.

w.

Is the number of vertices used sufficient?

(2024-02-06, 15:35)Dario Folliero Wrote: Is the number of vertices used sufficient?

Jepp, it is.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2024-02-06, 16:41)Willy Tschager Wrote: Jepp, it is.

w.

"I believe there are too few guidelines on the deer how to identify which conditional line  should become edges. I have cleared everything inside, but when using the edger, several red lines reappear. Can they be overlooked, or is there a way to eliminate them?

Attached Files
.dat   51493s01.dat (Size: 669.13 KB / Downloads: 2)
.dat   51493s02.dat (Size: 1.66 KB / Downloads: 2)
.dat   51493s03.dat (Size: 1.37 KB / Downloads: 2)
.dat   51493s04.dat (Size: 408.03 KB / Downloads: 2)
.dat   51493s05.dat (Size: 2.83 KB / Downloads: 2)
* All the edges in the middle:

2 25 .00848232287750244140625 -80.068 -55.555930213216552734375 .00848232287750244140625 -77.494 -50.953930213216552734375
2 25 .00848232287750244140625 -44.162 -30.933930213216552734375 .00848232287750244140625 -38.26 -26.279930213216552734375
2 25 .00848232287750244140625 -50.506 -34.469930213216552734375 .00848232287750244140625 -58.566 -37.927930213216552734375
2 25 .00848232287750244140625 -65.69 -41.463930213216552734375 .00848232287750244140625 -58.566 -37.927930213216552734375
2 25 .00848232287750244140625 -50.506 -34.469930213216552734375 .00848232287750244140625 -44.162 -30.933930213216552734375
2 25 .00848232287750244140625 -71.202 -45.077930213216552734375 .00848232287750244140625 -65.69 -41.463930213216552734375
2 25 .00848232287750244140625 -71.202 -45.077930213216552734375 .00848232287750244140625 -77.494 -50.953930213216552734375

have to become conds. BTW all X values have become X=0

* Edges serve to outline the shape. Looking at the part, all these:

5 26 17.506 19.824 -34.808 19.17 10.88 -34.652 18.858 23.048 -23.394 15.4 13.584 -38.552
5 26 20.673 -29.735 -9.898 20.574 -30.122 -17.18 19.767 -30.908 -9.708 20.704 5.03 -17.622
5 26 20.392 -5.474 -44.948 20.782 -17.018 -44.012 15.816 -11.48 -50.382 20.704 5.03 -17.622
5 26 20.679 -24.922 -37.954 20.782 -17.018 -44.012 12.072 -19.618 -54.62 20.704 5.03 -17.622
5 26 17.038 48.892 -42.556 19.768 52.896 -47.392 14.724 48.71 -44.688 19.456 52.896 -33.118
5 26 20.548 59.968 -50.226 19.768 52.896 -47.392 20.652 59.968 -33.872 19.82 59.968 -51.396
5 26 16.206 32.382 -36.992 15.998 40.858 -38.968 16.83 42.262 -31.662 13.008 32.356 -39.956
5 26 15.998 40.858 -38.968 17.038 48.892 -42.556 17.09 49.256 -33.716 13.58 40.572 -40.84
5 26 20.028 3.886 -39.046 19.17 10.88 -34.652 20.704 5.03 -17.622 15.4 13.584 -38.552
5 26 20.574 -29.602 -30.622 20.679 -24.922 -37.954 12.982 -35.998 -40.008 20.782 -17.018 -44.012
5 26 17.506 19.824 -34.808 16.206 32.382 -36.992 16.804 34.436 -28.334 14.412 19.642 -38.864
5 26 20.392 -5.474 -44.948 20.028 3.886 -39.046 20.704 5.03 -17.622 14.048 8.748 -45.156
5 26 20.6 -30.72 -23.55 20.574 -30.122 -17.18 20.704 5.03 -17.622 19.482 -31.63 -16.998
5 26 20.574 -29.602 -30.622 20.6 -30.72 -23.55 20.704 5.03 -17.622 17.142 -33.97 -22.536

have to become edges. Sometimes it is just best to upload the part to the PT where others have a chance to express what should become an edge an what should be a cond.

* These cannot be correct:

2 212 19.941 -29.734 10.187 20.673 -29.735 -9.898
2 212 -19.938 -29.706 10.098 -19.911 -28.543 -9.959
2 212 -19.447 -30.889 -9.989 -19.6 -30.784 10
2 212 19.767 -30.908 -9.708 19.282 -30.784 10.178

as the deer would overlap with a 1x2x2

* Also these:

5 27 -10.678 -59.346 -48.042 -10.626 -52.742 -51.214 -14.188 -54.9 -54.178 -9.456 -53.028 -47.6
5 27 10.616 -52.742 -51.214 10.044 -47.49 -55.79 9.446 -53.028 -47.6 12.878 -50.272 -57.428
5 27 -10.626 -52.742 -51.214 -10.028 -47.49 -55.79 -12.862 -50.272 -57.428 -9.456 -53.028 -47.6
5 27 10.694 -59.346 -48.042 10.538 -63.142 -46.3 12.904 -62.31 -49.576 8.9 -60.906 -43.076
5 27 -10.548 -63.142 -46.3 -10.678 -59.346 -48.042 -12.888 -62.31 -49.576 -8.884 -60.906 -43.076
5 27 -6.076 -43.356 -64.37 -10.028 -47.49 -55.79 -11.016 -47.386 -64.838 -9.664 -42.55 -56.96
5 27 10.616 -52.742 -51.214 10.694 -59.346 -48.042 9.446 -53.028 -47.6 14.802 -58.982 -52.852
5 27 10.044 -47.49 -55.79 6.076 -43.356 -64.37 11.032 -47.386 -64.838 9.68 -42.55 -56.96

should be converted to conds.

* You cannot have edges on one side and conds on an almost symmetrical part:

2 24 13.45 -38.182 -28.282 17.142 -33.97 -22.536
5 24 -13.434 -38.182 -28.282 -17.126 -33.97 -22.536 .008 -34.776 -21.6 -20.636 -30.304 -31.584

* >Flips are needed (these and many more):

3 226 -20.428 -30.33 -17.492 -19.911 -28.543 -9.959 -19.447 -30.889 -9.989
3 226 -19.447 -30.889 -9.989 -19.466 -31.63 -16.998 -20.428 -30.33 -17.492
3 226 -20.584 -30.018 31.154 -18.192 -32.774 30.998 -20.038 -31.162 20.598
3 226 -20.038 -31.162 20.598 -20.61 -29.602 20.962 -20.584 -30.018 31.154

* However. The Deer is out of system. It is too wide and the feet don't fit:

1 47 0 60 10 0 0 -1 0 1 0 1 0 0 3832.dat

where does this shape come from?

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2024-02-07, 14:38)Willy Tschager Wrote: where does this shape come from?

w.

i dont know posted on my request some day ago on the forum
https://forums.ldraw.org/thread-27937.html
i need to post the deer  on parts authoring section ?
seem there's a big issue...., I have the goodwill to understand the process, but these things seem bigger than my current capabilities.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »