Complete Tiles 1 X 8 from latest Architecture sets

RE: Tiles 1 X 8 from latest Architecture sets
I guess the guidelines for BDP, the Studio Gallery and Ideas can be seen as TLG’s official stance.
(Though “do as I say, not as I do” is “strong in this one.” Wink )

The guidelines for both BDP and the Studio Gallery prohibit religious matters… but not architecture.
BrickLink gives the example of the Taj Mahal: saying this is not a religious building but its architecture has been inspired by religious buildings of the time (and place).  (Apparently, a tomb isn’t religious… it’s like a fancy trash can?)
If you want to make a church or temple for BDP or the Gallery, it’s okay if your subject is architecture.  If your subject is a religious ceremony: marriage, mass, sacrifice (though this one would fall under violence first), etc., or if you simply show an altar, you’re out.
Also, like the ban on contemporary military (from the 19th century or so), it can be superseded by the theme, like when it’s a scene in a movie (hence why Indiana Jones’ Nazis are okay).  (Well, IP is forbidden in BDP and you end up as Display Only on the Gallery but you can still show your model.)

(BTW, I’m sure the author of the video has signed agreements from the store and everybody in there to use their image….)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tiles 1 X 8 from latest Architecture sets - by Sylvain Sauvage - 2024-05-10, 19:05