help to understand making process

RE: help to understand making process
(2024-01-29, 11:03)Willy Tschager Wrote: I took your file and refined it a bit by setting the:

Move Snap  = 1 (1/1000 LDU)
Rotate Snap = 1 degree

And moved/rotate the prim in order to get the vertices overlaying the mesh.

* Copy and paste your prim. It will completely overlap the original prim and become distinguishable only after you start moving and rotate it.
* Scale/Rotate (a tiny bit)/move the second prim 'til it reassembles the white part of the eye and at the same time its vertices become one with the underlying mesh

* Select the big prim and "Ungroup" it 'cos you cannot select prims+triangles at the same time

* You are going to calculate the intersections between the former prim and the mesh. You could do this for all triangles involved at once but your file will get messy. For the sake of not getting lost I do this vertex for vertex.

* Zoom in to the first vertex
* "Triangle Mode" and select the two triangles whose intersection you wanna calculate.
* "CSG Intersection points"

* Zoom in even further
* "Vertex Mode"

* You are interested in the vertex that is in perfect sync with the mesh of the sub. The other two should be deleted.

* Repeat this process for all vertices where you need to calculate the intersections between the prim and the mesh.
* A lot of vertices will be generated in the center. Don't care about them. Those can be casually deleted but do NOT delete any vertex of the mesh.
* The result should look like something like this.

By now other authors will say that this is all nonsense, that generating an approximation of the eye - leaving the rest to Slicer - would be sufficient. Well, my way or the highway ;-)

w.

i have two question:
first: in prmiitive mode with a disc selected if i put in view preference
Move Snap  = 1 (1/1000 LDU)
Rotate Snap = 1 degree
i dont have any change.

second: CSG seem dont make something if vertex is the vertex of the prim and the triangle are the mesh triangle. i think a make some mistake.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: help to understand making process - by Dario Folliero - 2024-01-29, 14:50