LDraw.org Forum Usage Guidelines
Every forum has rules, these are the ones we enforce.
- Do use your real name. This is an LDraw tradition. We would prefer your first and last name but if this makes you uncomfortable, you can use one or the other.
- Do try to be polite.
- Do post in the correct section (eg. queries about Parts go here). If it is not obvious make a note so a webmaster can move your post if appropriate.
- Do search for existing relevant discussions before starting a new one.
- In particular, do make sure you check the sticky threads first
- Do remember that everyone involved with LDraw does it voluntarily as a hobby. This means things may not happen in a timely fashion.
- Don't start lots of new threads when combining them into one would suffice. Make sure you check the sticky threads first
- Don't be mean spirited or rude.
- Don't be a spammer. This includes spammy signatures. Also, do post (even if just to say hello) if you're not a spammer. We'll delete new accounts with no posts after a month. If you do spam, your account will be deactivated
- Don't break the law. In particular don't post or transmit copyrighted or private material without permission from the owner.
Further clarification on how some of the above dos and don'ts will be enforced.
Censorship and editing policy:
- The LDraw forums have an open policy on language. While language that might be considered 'bad' is discouraged we will not ever censor words or phrases.
- More broadly the webmasters and moderators will avoid editing the contents of posts unless it is a) explicitly requested by the original poster, b) to remove spam, c) in the event of a binding legal request or d) in extreme circumstances, and with full justification provided to the community. Option c) and d) will be considered only as a very last resort.
- In the event that one of the admins does edit a post for reason c) or d), they will place a clear placeholder stating their name and the reason for censoring the post, and shall keep a copy of the original text to allow reversal.
Questions? Need help?
- Private messages are subject to the same rules stated above
- Private massages are monitored by the forum administrators and not "private" in the strictest sense of the word
- Private messaging is a privilege that will be revoked for a user permanently and without warning if any abuse of the rules is reported or discovered
Don't hesitate to contact the webmasters at: webmaster[AT]ldraw[DOT]org