Threaded view

Threaded view
Who uses threaded view? If so, if threaded view went away would that be a deal breaker for using the forums?

I use hybrid view but the reality of new users seems to be that they either don't know or don't care about threading. I fully realize that we are the exception to the norm here in that we offer a threaded option. Threading exists because I wanted to ease the transition from LUGNET. Now that we are some years away from that I'm wondering if we even need it any more?
Re: Threaded view
Is use the threaded list view, to be able to see which post belongs to which other post.
If this is lost I feel this to be bad.

But maybe I misunderstood your question. If you could be more specific that would be great (option on the settings page and which entry of this option might be missing one day).
My settings. And I also would miss the threading a lot.

w.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

LEGO ergo sum
+1
It's not "going away" anytime soon. Certainly not in this incarnation of our forums. I was just curious about the attitude of our user base. It is, however, no secret that the forum software is going to change and while the replacement I'm working with has threading, it was much harder this time to find a solution that offered both a threaded and non-threaded view.
me too
I'm also using the threaded view.
I'm using the hybrid (multiple msgs with indents) view.

One possible improvement you might consider in the new software: collapsible branches, which would make it even better/more handy Smile

edit: I misunderstood the different option's names, so it's hybrid not threaded I'm using.
That is the only sensible way if you want to follow a discussion.
Every time I try to read a thread at eurobricks, I end up wondering: Who is talking to who?
Completely agree. That's why I've got used to quote texts to which I answer...
Without threaded view these forums would not be usable for me at all.
If a new software is without, then how does it organize posts and their structure?
me too
Chris (LDraw Parts Library Admin)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »