LDD Brickset vs. LDraw Library and Parts Tracker

Re: LDD Brickset vs. LDraw Library and Parts Tracker
Rolf Osterthun Wrote:Hey,

there are a lot of LEGO bricks that are available in the LDD, but not in LDraw. I created a list that compares the design-ids known in the LDD Brickset 1128 with the part-numbers that are currently available in the official LDraw Parts Library (up to update 2013-01) and with the part-numbers that are currently on the Parts Tracker (Server time: 2013-08-22 10:11).

The LDD uses pure numeric design-ids but LDraw sometimes has numbers with an alphanumeric appendix. To compare these two (three) lists I used the following regular expression:
Code:
^<LDDDesignId>([a-zA-Z]+[0-1a-zA-Z]*)*$
E.g.: when I am looking for the LDD design-id 2041 this expression will match 2041, 2041a, 2041b and 2041ps3 but not 20411. If I find a match, I assume that the part exists in LDraw, too. My results can be seen on this web-page: http://www.digital-bricks.de/en/index.php?site=nil.

Since it is possible to convert LDD data to LDraw compatible data, I will gradually provide all parts that have a design-id in the LDD and no matching part-number in the LDraw Universe. Anyway, some of the provided parts might already exist in the LDraw - but I claim that they have a different part-number (we need an alias).

Please remember: These are unofficial parts. They may be incomplete, or inaccurate, and it is possible that when they are officially released one day, they may be changed in ways that could mess up any model you use them in. All these parts are redistributable under CCAL version 2.0. Anybody is welcome to use these files to prepare the parts for the LDraw Parts Tracker.

I am grateful to any kind of comments, suggestions or hints.

Rolf

This is great, Rolf. This can be viewed as continued releases of TLG meshes as we had from the LU project (this would be the very same source material). So these should be treated in the same manner as those files.

-- joshua
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: LDD Brickset vs. LDraw Library and Parts Tracker - by Joshua Delahunty - 2013-12-08, 23:01