Complete Parts from 79100-1: Kraang Lab Escape

Re: Parts from 79100-1: Kraang Lab Escape
Hey,

yes, you are right: when I write LDD I mean the Lego Digital Designer. I am sorry for the confusion.

Some time ago Philo described a method to convert LDD parts into LDraw parts. I wrote a tool, that makes it a bit more comfortable to create parts this way (3dxml2dat). Since this tool is only an console application the usage is not that user-friendly...

The parts I convert form the LDD only consists of triangles, lines and optional lines. There are no references to subfiles and there are no quads. Also there is no use of LDraw primitives. Let me try to give you a small example: Please have a closer look at the part 30033 from the previous post. This part has four normal studs. In the attached file each of this studs consists of 36 triangles 24 lines and 36 optional lines. In LDraw you would use one primitive (one reference line) for a whole stud.

In the LDD a circle consists of 12 elements. In LDraw circles consists of 16 elements.

Additionally the origin of the most parts is not LDraw like and sometimes the dimensions (e.g. higher studs) do not fit.

These are only a few examples, why the converted parts needs to be reworked (I call it cleaning) before they become wothy LDraw parts.

I hope this short answer is ok for you? If you like to know more, you are welcome to ask.

Rolf
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: Parts from 79100-1: Kraang Lab Escape - by Rolf Osterthun - 2013-05-09, 21:52