[April Fools] LEGO shares prototype parts for 2014

[April Fools] LEGO shares prototype parts for 2014
Following the tradition of TLG sharing information regarding the brick shapes we've got a new batch of what we use to call L(EGO)Draw parts.

http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=14755

This time they were not provided through the LEGO Universe channel (as you can surely imagine ;-) but directly by the LDD team itself. Also the formula has slightly changed: To shorten the time between the release of a part and when it has been finally certified through the LDraw Parts Tracker for the first time TLG provided data of prototypes. Those will be available in sets only in 2014. This leaves us with plenty of time to make them fit for an official LDraw parts update.

Though we will get only parts which have already been copyrighted we are still talking about highly sensible data. Only part authors and reviewers who have signed a NDA - non-disclosure agreement will get access to the L(EGO)Draw prototypes. Chris has set up a some sort of parallel PT and you will need a second account/password. The parts will then be held in queue until they actually hit the market. If you're interested to join the team just leave a short reply to this message.

However we've got permission to share a small sample with the community to get you an idea what's all about:

[Image: L%28EGO%29Draw_prototypes.jpg]

As usual I have uploaded the corresponding .dat files to my webspace. Just add the part number to the follwing path with one example provided:

http://www.holly-wood.it/tmp/LEGODraw/Pr.../10652.dat

Please use the following guideline for the ownership:

0 PartDescription
0 Name: Filename.dat
0 Author: RealName [UserName]
0 !LDRAW_ORG Unofficial_Part
0 !LICENSE Redistributable under CCAL version 2.0 : see CAreadme.txt
0 !HISTORY 2013-04-01 {LEGO Digital Designer} Original part shape
0 !HISTORY YYYY-MM-DD [UserName] File preparation for NDA LDraw Parts Tracker

Willy Tschager
on behalf of the LDraw Steering Committee
LEGO ergo sum
Re: LEGO shares prototype parts for 2014
Ah - finally some direction-reversal parts !!!
Well, I would really like to help with these parts...

/Max
Hmmm. For the first time in weeks, I just noticed what day it was...
That would be of course a big deal but some of the parts have a shape that does not make sense and then I realized the date Smile

Thanks Willy Wink
Smile You had me there for a minute.

I was thinking weird parts, some patent must be approaching end of life or something, like when they changed the technic scheme.
Re: [April Fools] LEGO shares prototype parts for 2014
Looks like there isn't many interest in those fantastic shapes and people prefer authoring the hard way ;-) I'd like to thank Philo for contributing the SNOTer parts to this joke!

w.
LEGO ergo sum
Re: [April Fools] LEGO shares prototype parts for 2014
Some of those parts sure look useful though.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »