Lego Universe is now free - another source of parts?

Re: Lego Universe is now free - another source of parts?
Hey,

I am sorry, but it is not that easy. The files are stored in archives which needs to be extracted first. Almost each game has an individual format to store the meshes. Inside the graphic files there are often different quality layers for one part and there are often more parts in one file. Etc.

My tools just help me to extract the vertices and triangle information, and the textures. I have (almost) one tool for each format and they are not userfriendly or in a shareable state (at least not yet).

The results of the tools are good but needs to be filtered, joined, rotated, scaled and so on. If there is a parts author, who needs some raw data to start with, to create a part for the parts tracker, I am willing to share.

I would like to share some custom (raw) parts. But I have no idea how to name the files. There are no numbers available Wink.

By the way: Are parts or models form the games official parts or official models?

Rolf
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: Lego Universe is now free - another source of parts? - by Rolf Osterthun - 2011-09-21, 10:26