Feedback Request: Table of Offests for Related Parts

Re: Feedback Request: Table of Offests for Related Parts
Michael Heidemann Wrote:That would indeed great, but as long as we only have one application (SR3D) that supports these things, I fear that the consens will always be - how does SR3D solve this. And that is not what I think about our rules.

I agree with you on this, although it might even be better to start from scratch (even forget the lcd doc).

First step would be to gather some more people/authors interested in this and set up some basic 'must have' / 'nice to have' lists.

Second most important thing is to decide how to integrate any new information into the existing library. For example are we going to edit hundreds/thousands of official files (I doubt it) or use some kind of companion/include file system. Or maybe even a single xml.

With LDCad I'm mainly thinking / doodling about a way to generate (most) of the information from the existing parts without having to manually add info to them. If this could be done fast enough it would just become part of the loading/prepping process, if it's heavy work generate some sort of cache.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: Feedback Request: Table of Offests for Related Parts - by Roland Melkert - 2013-02-01, 20:56