LETGUI 1.7.0.0

LETGUI 1.7.0.0
I just released a new version of LETGUI.

Now with Selector 1.0 included.
Rectifier has been updated to version 1.9.
Also some changes are made for the call of windz (still version 0.1.2.0). Hopefully it now works on all windows versions.

Please leave your comments for this version in this thread. Thanks.

cu
mikeheide

LETGUI website
Re: LETGUI 1.7.0.0
Win XP test: Perfect! Tonight, Seven64 test...
As I have tested here on eight64 I expect no problem anymore Smile

Ok, there is still a problem!
LETGUI still requires the folder where LETGUI.exe is in to be writeable. On Win8 systems it is mostly not the case.

I am working on a solution.
Quote:As I have tested here on eight64 I expect no problem anymore Smile
Indded, works great Wink
Thanks Smile

But I need to make an update this evening because there might be problems depending on the place where the user puts the exe file to.
So from now on the configuration file will be placed in

basepath\Michael Heidemann\LETGUI

where basepath depends on the system you are working on. For Win8 basepath is c:\user\currentusername\AppData\Local.
I assume that on Win7 it is the same. I can't tell you where this will go under XP.

By choosing this path you will not have any problems with future releases and each user on your system has his own configuration.

For the first move now I like to ask you to copy your current LETGUIINI.xml to the place mentioned above. Best would be that you start LETGUI and just add one entry in the Tool path window and save. This will generate a file that you can overwrite with your old configuration file.

Version 1.7.0.1 will be online within one hour from now on.
LETGUI 1.7.0.0 > 1.7.0.1
Due to the restrictions on the current systems (Win7 and/or Win8) the path for the configuration file needed to be changed.
Now it is in the path
Code:
c:\users\[i]currentuser[/i]\AppData\Local\Michael Heidemann\LETGUI

Just copy your current configuration file to the new location and all should work the same way.

I am sorry for any inconvenience this might cause to you now. This is a step for new users with up to date systems.

cu
mikeheide

LETGUI website
Re: LETGUI 1.7.0.0 > 1.7.0.1
I hope you're not hard coding this, it depends on windows versions etc.

You should 'ask' windows what the current users appdata root folder is, using api (or the .net equivalent).

Also you might want to make the whole thing optional even for win7+ oses.

With LDCad I write an static ini (generated by the installer) that tells the main app where to store user data. That ini is never written to by the main app so it doesn't bother uea, but this way you can still use the old way (portable) of doing things when needed (by removing the ini or changing it's contents manually).
Re: LETGUI 1.7.0.0 > 1.7.0.1
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I use of course the .NET system for determining the path Smile

As i like to have all my applications to run also on other platforms than window I try to avoid using an installer. So my main app need to know where to look for configuration files. My plan is now (as I found this function) to shift all configuration files that my applications uses into the directory
Code:
[i]currentuser[/i]\AppData\Local\Michael Heidemann
so I can reuse the data if needed.
LETGUI 1.7.0.1 > 1.7.0.2
I just released a new version of LETGUI.

If you have set your system text to another value than 100% there could occur a distorted GUI.
That is now fixed.

You can this time just download the LETGUI.zip file and extract that file. Place it over your old version. That's it.

Please leave your comments for this version in this thread. Thanks.

cu
mikeheide

LETGUI website
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »