Are standards for official parts too strict?

Re: Are standards for official parts too strict?
Personally, I put a lot of thought into the parts I've created and am creating.

For many this is a hobby, not a career, and the diligence of the checkers and Tim (I didn't realize he's the only admin) is commendable. I might cringe when I see those little red boxes, but if some cares enough to find an error, I care enough to rectify it. I feel bad about some of the stupid goofs I've uploaded, and a recent comment actually caused me to rethink my initial approach to a detail and do something better.

On the other hand, this is a hobby, and the world won't end over small details.

I do think the following are critical errors - overlaps, noticeable gaps, convex quads. Bow-Ties are gross. Some gaps due to primitive scaling will occur.

As far as restrictions, I didn't know that the last '0' line went out of fashion until recently, but no one's commented on it so far. I always thought of it as a footer.

I'd like to see the upload filter catch duplicate lines, trim trailing white-space, replace 0. with . and -0. with -. (to make smaller files).

I'd like to see the description line be allowed to be longer, although not sure what would break as a result.

As a programmer, I like the '0 // comment' line style.
- Greg
"The only stupid question is the one that remains unasked"
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: Are standards for official parts too strict? - by Greg Teft - 2012-04-11, 5:56