Baseplate underdetailing was Re: LDView Bug

Re: Baseplates with underdetails was Re: LDView Bug
Chris, I like your idea a lot.
If at all we should decide to put energy in this issue, we should solve it in a way similar to what you suggest.
May I just ask for the introduction of not just 1, but 2 new levels of stud detail:
(a) officialize the LEGO logoed studs, which I use everyday, and without which I cannot live anymore (see attachments)
(b) another level for addition of baseplate undersides

The counterargument that current baseplate implementations just use 1 big underside quad,
and, after the introduction of Chris' suggestion would have to be modeled differently,
i.e., refererencing n instances of underside baseplate studs, which depending on their rendering
could be a simple quad or a detailed stud, is valid. For example, a 32x32 baseplate would have 1024 underside
quads in the simplest case, compared to currently just 1 quad.

However, Chris' suggestion of providing stug* files for the underside quads can solve this problem.
Would the 32x32 baseplate for its underside simply reference the "32x32 underside baseplate stug" file,
then that file could be 1 single quad in its simple incarnation, and 32x32 underside studs in its detailed incarnation.
Problem solved. NICE!!!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: LDView Bug - by Jean-Philippe Ouellet - 2012-01-16, 22:46
Re: LDView Bug - by Tim Gould - 2012-01-16, 22:50
Re: LDView Bug - by Jean-Philippe Ouellet - 2012-01-16, 23:56
Re: LDView Bug - by Tim Gould - 2012-01-17, 2:13
Re: LDView Bug - by Philippe Hurbain - 2012-01-17, 8:16
Re: Baseplates with underdetails was Re: LDView Bug - by Steffen - 2012-01-18, 19:41