LDCad script integration of LDInspector's collision detection

RE: LDCad script integration of LDInspector's collision detection
(2022-09-01, 17:30)Roland Melkert Wrote: I have been thinking about a native collision detection feature
This would be great! Smile I would really love this feature to be integrated in LDCad! Smile

(2022-09-01, 17:30)Roland Melkert Wrote: but I'm not sure how to put it into the existing GUI.

About the modes: Maybe there could be another mode (like normal/animation) or in normal mode there could be an explicit list containing all collisions. Marking them could show an optical feedback of the selected parts like selecting a part in the source list. Thinking of N.W.Perry's interest in intended collisions, the normal mode with the option to move parts would also allow integration of the discussed functions "move/rotate in given direction while not colliding".

About the results: I have played around with different visualizations for my GUIs: outlining, solid coloring (one color for collisions, another one for non-colliding parts), color-changing (color changes per collision-group) and collision-only-remaining (not involved parts become invisible). Depending on the model, each has its advantages.

If there is anything I can do to help getting this feature into LDCad, please let me know. Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: LDCad script integration of LDInspector's collision detection - by Stefan Frenz - 2022-09-02, 7:18