LDCad 1.7 Alpha 2a (win+linux)

RE: LDCad 1.7 Alpha 2a (win+linux)
(2022-07-06, 22:54)Milan Vančura Wrote: Hi Roland. I think I'm done with 2203, please let me know your opinion. I zipped all changes together, for your convenience. In the zip archive, check status_2203 file for details.

In general: I fixed all basic snap info: studs, antistuds, pinholes, pins, duplo studs and duplo antistuds. Plus I added snap infos for dinosaur parts so one can build these monsters with body, legs, neck, tails of several kinds... Another part-specific addition is for train wheels: I was surprised one has the axle hole of diameter 4 and another of diameter 3.

I did NOT add any other part-specific snap infos, i.e. for electric part: like special snap bounding boxes for battery lids etc. I'm not sure it's worth the work on it so I let it on more interested users Smile

Also, I did not work on parts/s/* and parts/p/* subfiles on their own. Of course, I always tried to go as deep in included files as possible when editing real parts so some improvements of parts/s/* are there but only what I met during my work.

When I was unsure or saw another problem, I noted that in the status file.

Thanks, I will merge/review them.

however you should add some more header information to them, e.g.
Code:
0 LDCad info for "same description as original"
0 Author: Milan Vančura [ldrawPtUserNameIfYouGotOne]
0 !LICENSE Free for non-commercial use.

The license line is something we need to work on though.

I'm thinking (thanks to Orion) about changing them all to CC NC 4.0.

But I guess contributors would be free to use CC BY 4.0 or something similar (but not <=2.0) if they want.

Given it doesn't conflict with distributing the shadow as a whole like I'm used to.

So maybe it would be easier to force a single license kind for the whole library (CC NC 4.0?)

Also if we really go the GIT route there should also be some more edit tracking (like the pt) if people start changing existing files etc.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: LDCad 1.7 Alpha 2a (win+linux) - by HWQ - 2022-06-20, 6:24
RE: LDCad 1.7 Alpha 2a (win+linux) - by Roland Melkert - 2022-07-07, 19:47
RE: LDCad 1.7 Alpha 2a (win+linux) - by HWQ - 2022-10-28, 5:26