Seeking a ldcad animation script method

RE: Seeking a ldcad animation script method
I've updated the zip file with a newer Lua script. The primary visible differences are;
  • that it now works out whether the configuration is "crossed" or "uncrossed", so you no longer have to tell it
  • the dialog to select crossed/uncrossed was put into a separate menu option and an "automatic" option added (which is the default). The automatic option will work out if the configuration is crossed or uncrossed but just in case it miscalculates (always a possibility!), the crossed/uncrossed setting can be manually set to override the automatic option
  • the animation will now display properly when the start position is anywhere in the animation sequence

Other differences within the code are to (a) support a different approach for working out the between frame part rotation and (b) use a slightly differently nomenclature for the parts (e.g. "crank" as opposed to "bar 1").

This has been a useful exercise for me. I've learnt a useful amount more about LDCAD's Lua scripting plus I got to exercise my trigonometry brain, last used many years ago! My thanks to Roland for his helpful posts and guidance which helped me improve the script.

Regards,

David

P.S. I had not realised until earlier today that you could make the animation run more slowly/quickly by clicking the slow animation button/faster animation button multiple times. You live and learn!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Seeking a ldcad animation script method - by David Manley - 2021-10-08, 5:44