LDCad 1.7 Alpha 1 (win+linux)

RE: LDCad 1.7 Alpha 1 (win+linux)
(2022-04-27, 1:07)Roland Melkert Wrote: I rewrote the rotation pin handling to allow for angles which do not add up to 360 degrees.

As a result it is now also possible to do free hand rotation using the pin.

Do you know of any other useful ones besides the 53.13 one (for use in the default grid) ?

I'm also thinking about supporting alternative notation for the grid angles (like "asin 0.8" instead of 53.13 or fractions like "100/3")

This way the value will have double precision in memory.

Maybe there's another useful angle in one of the other Pythagorean integer triangles, but 53.13 is the only one I've found so far. (If there is another, it's probably in this article).

While on the subject of rotations and precision, I thought it might also be cool to be able to reset the rotation of a part in the editing plane only. This would be especially helpful for path points, which usually don't want to be reset to the global axes.

And/or, it might be neat if you could "snap to grid" for rotations—i.e., to round the matrix to the nearest rotation step value, as a way of clearing out rounding errors after multiple rotations. (Maybe this already happens under the hood…)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: LDCad 1.7 Alpha 1 (win+linux) - by N. W. Perry - 2022-04-27, 3:56