MacOS LDCad on Wine (for Mac)-revisited

RE: LDCad on Wine (for Mac)-revisited
(2021-04-13, 14:52)Manfred Kern Wrote: As for wineskin, I never used it. I was only surprised, that it should run on MacOS 11 (Big Sur).
On Windows and Linux, LDCad is my favorite. I once had it run on an earlier version of MacOS with wine.
But MacOS is continually steeling my apps (by removing 32 bit --> death of wine and some others), deprecating OpenGL and adding additional layers (death of bricksmith). And with the new M11 chip I think I will not buy a new Mac anymore. It is not sufficient to only have a good look. Continuity of apps is more important.

Well, if you do have a newer Mac setup than mine and would be willing to try out a few things, it would be most helpful. Even if you decide this is not the way to go for you, it would be instructive to know why.

Or if you have other systems available and have decided to use those exclusively, that's fine as well. Of course it would be assumed that anyone using this guide will have already decided that it's worth giving Wine a try, or at least that it's their only possible option, so that question won't really be on the table. This is just an effort to fill in some of the documentation for new users on the LDraw web site, and I've offered to tackle it since it's something I'd love to have known sooner! Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: LDCad on Wine (for Mac)-revisited - by N. W. Perry - 2021-04-13, 17:19