LDraw AIOI, LDView, the LDraw parts library, and LGEO.xml

RE: LDraw AIOI, LDView, the LDraw parts library, and LGEO.xml
(2020-10-21, 2:28)Ber Wrote: I've been learning my way around rendering using LDView & POV-Ray. Along the way I've learnt about the basic/editor .dat part files, the much more detailed LGEO .inc files, and how LDView uses LGEO.xml to know when .inc part files are available, then the .dat files as a fallback in other cases. (Side note: Please let me know if I have any of that wrong!)

What I've discovered in my adventures is that the LGEO.xml file in use seems to be the one that resides in the LDView folder (C:\program files (x86)\Ldraw\LDView\), which comes with LDraw AIOI. I think in theory this should be synchronised with the .inc files available in the Ldraw parts library also installed in LDraw AIOI. However, for at least one part - 2815 technic tyre - the .inc file is in my parts library, but missing from my LGEO.xml file.

I have edited it in manually, and now my pov renders use the high resolution part.

I wonder though if I am missing something. How is LGEO.xml normally kept up to date / edited? Is there any automated tools, or official downloads that should maintain and update it?

I had the same thoughthere. Some .inc part seems not to be in the LGEO.xml file 30367 familiy for instance.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: LDraw AIOI, LDView, the LDraw parts library, and LGEO.xml - by Bertrand Lequy - 2021-03-20, 20:39