LDraw snapshots coming up empty

RE: LDraw snapshots coming up empty
(2020-09-06, 19:15)Travis Cobbs Wrote: Thanks. Because LDView uses such old OpenGL functionality (OpenGL 1.0, when OpenGL 2.0 was released in 2004), I think it has a tendency to expose bugs in graphics drivers that other programs don't. I can't be sure that LDView itself doesn't have bugs in this code, but I cannot fix a problem that I cannot reproduce. (I've looked at my code, and haven't found the source of your problems.)

It is definitely good to know that the PixelFormat and PBuffer extensions are causing you problems, because it makes it potentially easier for future people that have the same problem. Given that (as far as I know) snapshot saves work for most LDView users, I'm amazed that you have two computers that have two different problems with snapshot saves.

The good news is that I don't think having those particular extensions disabled will adversely affect the rest of LDView's functionality.

The newly announced LDView 4.4 Beta 2 contains check boxes to disable these things via the UI. If you run that release, the appropriate check box should already be checked based on your manual registry editing.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
LDraw snapshots coming up empty - by Ber - 2020-09-02, 5:22
RE: LDraw snapshots coming up empty - by Ber - 2020-09-03, 19:56
RE: LDraw snapshots coming up empty - by Ber - 2020-09-05, 12:20
RE: LDraw snapshots coming up empty - by Ber - 2020-09-05, 12:33
RE: LDraw snapshots coming up empty - by Travis Cobbs - 2020-09-07, 20:13
RE: LDraw snapshots coming up empty - by Ber - 2020-09-05, 12:39