New Blender Importer/Exporter for Blender 2.82

RE: New Blender Importer/Exporter for Blender 2.82
(2022-02-23, 10:02)Fredrik Hareide Wrote: Hi Matthew,

I was looking into a way of exporting Ldraw models from Blender and found your plugin. It works very well and has some great ideas. 

Anyway I have started working on a different version that only works for parts and subparts. This will be a batch exporter and will be a panel in Blender. So basically I want an importer and exporter that is as non-destructive as possible. Keeping the headers and all references intact. I also want it to be able to export with subfile references and also "protecting" parts from official and unoffical libraries. 

So this will not be the same as you plugin, but a different version that might be useful for parts authoring. My first mission is to be able to make patterns with it.

I have not made anything available online yet and I first wanted to give you a heads up about it. I hope it's ok that I borrow your code for this. I will of course give you credit for it. I also wanted to know if you would be willing to help me understand your code better so this could become as good a plugin as possible. And hopefully serve the Ldraw community with yet another tool to do parts.

Best regards, 
Fredrik

I'm happy to know I've inspired you! I can't wait to see what you come up with.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Blender Importer/Exporter for Blender 2.82 - by Matthew Morrison - 2022-03-04, 5:03