Working on a Blender (collada) export, need some help

RE: Working on a Blender (collada) export, need some help
(2022-04-21, 20:15)Roland Melkert Wrote: Seems very promising, I will make the 0.33 roughness the default.

Did you use cycles for these renderings?

You had to change the LDraw colors using the LDConfig.ldr file for this so I'm thinking to add an overwrite file to the glTF configuration set.

That way you can use alternative values during export without changing the LDraw color pallets.

Maybe even one per main group (plastic/metal/etc).

Or maybe even a .js per color number (e.g. mat_4.js) while still using the generic ones if there isn't one for a specific color.

Again thanks for sharing your finding.

Actually I changed them in the blender material in blender to match the LDraw color definition. I only changed the “base color” on each material to match the color code provided by ldconfig. 

I’m not sure if there is a way to just pass that hex through natively? 

I do think that since eyesight from studio is based on blender cycles, we finally have the opportunity to let the studio devs share something back to us in LDraw land 😅

There are a few other things I want to play with like a consistent scene to use as a starting point. The lighting in all my renders is one “sun” light set to 4 intensity on the right side of the model and then a 500W point light on the left positioned to be a secondary fill light. 

Hope this is helpful.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working on a Blender (collada) export, need some help - by Cam's Bricks - 2022-04-24, 2:49