Thinking about doing a LDCad 1.7 version

RE: Thinking about doing a LDCad 1.7 version
(2020-04-23, 19:07)Roland Melkert Wrote: The only real solution would be to store more digits or even the whole double precision content as a string (so it would translate back to the same binary content)

Which, I assume, would mean storing that string in a meta tag, or maybe as shadow content?

Quote:If you snap to the global grid after positioning something on a relative one you will get visual errors. Or do you mean snapping to the relative grid? If so that might also introduce rounding errors as the relative grid does some matrix operations of its own.

I did mean relative, but I see now what you mean. I tried snapping to grid after placing the part, and it does result in more rounding errors. I thought at first it was giving me the same result as closing and re-opening the file, but it actually seems to be even more than that.

Quote:The best way to keep clean numbers in your files is by avoiding rotated assemblies of loose parts. Instead use submodels so only one reference line will have those nasty digits. This might not be an option in technic models though.

That's an option indeed. But since I use submodels for organizational reasons, I think for my purposes that's more important than this precision issue. I think as long as I place everything correctly before exiting the file, I'll know that the saved values are as clean and precise as they should be, which will be good enough for me. (I just have to avoid the urge to check the relative positions again after re-opening the file!)  Tongue
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thinking about doing a LDCad 1.7 version - by N. W. Perry - 2020-04-24, 0:16