SVG to pattern/texture workflow? (OR: How to get rid of anti-aliasing easily?)

SVG to pattern/texture workflow? (OR: How to get rid of anti-aliasing easily?)
HEY so I'm new to LDraw (and part authoring, of course), and I'm having a VERY tough time wrapping my head around texture mapping and subfiles. I'm an artist much more than a programmer, so everything's really confusing for me. It took me a couple days to even figure out how to recolor polygons.

My primary issue is that I've already made a PNG and an SVG version of a custom texture of a lego torso. Converting the PNG is simple, but it has this nasty white line around the outside that looks really bad, stemming from the anti-aliasing? It's passable on lighter colors, though. Using solid would fix the border issue, but if you zoom in it'd look pretty icky, I think, unless the image size was super high.

So I was wondering if any of you could explain to me how I could work around the issue of the ugly white borders, preferably without having to scrap the art I already made and start over from scratch.

I assumed using a vector was the right way to go, since vectors don't have anti-aliasing in the first place, but I quickly ran into the issue of how to actually apply it to the model. It's really easy to texture minifigs with the stud.io part editor, but for a reason that is unclear to me (I'm sure it's a real good one) the SVG wouldn't work. If there's another file type I could use, or something, that'd be amazing, but I'm really at a loss right now! Attached are the textures I made, if that would be of any help in figuring out the issue!!

As a side note: is it OK to post completely custom textures/models in the Ldraw unofficial parts list? (As in, parts that were designed by me, and not LEGO.)

Thank you so much for the help...!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
SVG to pattern/texture workflow? (OR: How to get rid of anti-aliasing easily?) - by Daz - 2019-12-30, 9:14