LD Pattern Creator Help - Template creation

RE: LD Pattern Creator Help - Template creation
(2019-09-10, 22:52)AdamM Wrote: Hi LD community.

I’m after some help with either understanding the process of importing .dat files into LD Pattern Creator, or creating additional templates.

I’ve used the software for a while now and can create patterns using the supplied templates, but can’t seem to successfully create pieces which are not already supplied. Are there any suggested posts or instructions elsewhere to explain the process of importing existing .dat files from the LDRaw Parts Library and selecting the correct face. For example I can’t successfully find the large face of 1x6x5 panel (59349) to then create my pattern.

Thanks in advance
Adam

Hi Adam,

To generate your own templates, I generally use the following steps:
  • Open the part in LDPE (Part Editor)
  • Select the surface(s) you want to have as a template and save it as a new file, e.g. 59349_pattarea.dat
  • Import the file into 59349_pattarea.dat LDPC (Pattern Creator),
    - observe the correct plane (XY)
    - In the import dialogue, select "Overwrite and Import Projection Data"
  • You could start now, but to use it for later save the Template in LDPC
    - File > Projection Data -> Template
    This wil give it an arbitrary name "New..."
  • Rename the Template in the Editor
    - File > Load Template > Edit/Delete
    - In the Dialogue: Select the last template called "New..." (That should be the one you converted last) and Click "Edit"
    - IF there is pattern-less a sub-file available, you can immediately add it in the export from LDPC, so you can add in the "Additional Lines" area the line "1 16 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 s/59349s01.dat"
    -> NOTE: the file s/59349s01.dat is not yet existing! I will upload this in a few moments
Now go ahead as usual

Gerald

EDIT: I can only find on promotional print of this part (59349pb095), is it this one you want to do?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: LD Pattern Creator Help - Template creation - by Gerald Lasser - 2019-09-11, 5:57