Some questions about LDCad and LPub3D

Some questions about LDCad and LPub3D
Hello everybody!

I have recently started to use LDCad and LPub3D to create building instructions. I read many tutorials and discussions about both softwares, but I still have some questions.

Substitute parts (LPub3D):

I have tried to use the function "Substitute part" to replace universal joints or motors, as these parts has been modified in my modelization and I have 2 different universal joints in a PLI.. I wanted to change a motor with its cable by a motor without cable for examble. The function seems to be very simple to use, but every time I try, the app crashes. Any ideas?

Group/Remove group (LDCad & LPub3D):

I have read that it's possible to use a function called "Group/Remove group" in MLCad, when you want to use a buffer exchange on more than one step. So it's possible to put a straight flex, and then to replace it by the final oriented flex some steps after. But I didn't found how it's possible to do it with LDCad. So is it really possible?

Step numbers (LPub3D):

In LPub3D, the numbers of the steps are not like in the LEGO manuals, the software counts the steps of the main model independently from the steps of the sub models. But I wonder if you have a tip to change this even if I think it's not possible. ^^

PLI and Step number placement "bug"?

Sometimes it's pretty difficult to place all the elements correctly. I would like to have the step number and the PLI at the top left of the assembly image, with the step number at the left bottom of the PLI. But sometimes there is like a "bug", it's impossible to place all the elements correctly. I have tried different setups, but sometimes, as in the example below, when I want "Step number: Left Bottom of the PLI" it is not placed correctly. How is it possible to fix that?

To have the same positions as in the LEGO manuals, what do I need to place relative to what element, and how?

[Image: 48453850246_f5c2733e80_b.jpg]

In the previous page, it worked as I wanted, and I used this:
Code:
0 !LPUB MULTI_STEP STEP_NUMBER PLACEMENT LOCAL BOTTOM LEFT PLI OUTSIDE
0 !LPUB MULTI_STEP PLI PLACEMENT LOCAL TOP_LEFT ASSEM OUTSIDE

But it doesn't work for the page above when I use the same code.
I have even tried to remove all the LPub commands for that page to restart, but I still don't reach to do as I want...

In other steps, I have done this, and it also worked perfectly:
Code:
0 !LPUB MULTI_STEP STEP_NUMBER PLACEMENT LOCAL TOP_LEFT ASSEM OUTSIDE
0 !LPUB MULTI_STEP PLI PLACEMENT LOCAL BOTTOM LEFT PLI OUTSIDE
But it doesn't work for the step above.

Is it possible to place all the elements manually on a Multi step page (using a grid to place them easily)? Actually I can place the Step number, the PLI and the Assembly image manually on a single step page, but not on a Multi step one.

Add captures - Zoom on a part of the model (LPub3D):

I don't know how, but I know it's possible, as in the page 6 you can find in this manual made with LPub3D (Available here - By Trevor Sandy). So I'm asking: how to proceed?

(I'm working with the LDView render and not the Native one)

Any help is welcomed! Big Grin
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Some questions about LDCad and LPub3D - by Anto - 2019-08-04, 14:51