Online tool for OMR compliance

RE: Online tool for OMR compliance
(2019-07-04, 11:39)Willy Tschager Wrote: Lasse,

I tried your tool today with the 926 - Command Centre as for some strange reasons it is in the AIOI but not the OMR. I deliberately added some errors just to see how the site copes with them. Here is the source and the result I downloaded from Brickhub.

It picked the {} in the Usename, it fixed the MLCad metas:

0 ROTATION CENTER 0 0 0 1 "Custom"
0 ROTATION CONFIG 0 0

BUT

(please ignore my tone if you might find it harsh ;-)
  • It didn't load the MPD name - just the set number and as you can see it returned a 926 - 926.mpd.
  • I find the page overwhelming at first.
  • I don't like the fact that the thumbnail generator/instructions/parts is in between the section where I actually edit the header and the suggestions what has to be changed in order to get it OMRized.
  • I cannot actually see the code itself or at least the header
  • All line breaks get deleted and you cannot longer view the file in notepad for a quick check.
  • The site continuous to switch between Unofficial_Model and Model. When I set it to Model it still suggests to set to Unofficial model
  • I would love to get an indication in the header section itself if for example:
    Author: Willy Tschager [Holly-Wood] ✎
    is right or wrong OMR wise (green tick/red cross)
  • There is a Download button and a Delete button, where is the upload button when I'm done? I know there is the button which says Upload once you have picked the file from the disk but my understanding is that I LOAD, correct and upload.

w.

First of all. Thanks for the feedback and I'm sorry I could not come back to this earlier. I'm used to a much harsher tone in my everyday work, so it is no problem that you write it all up in brief form. I can also understand the frustration, so let's dive into the points:
  • File name being "926 - 926.mpd": I found the bug in the uploader. This has been fixed now. Uploading your file results in the name being read correctly: "Command Centre - Main File". Thanks for reporting it!
  • Page being overwhelming: I have reduced the amount of text and done some restructuring. I hope it is less overwhelming now, but I would still like to take suggestions.
  • Suggestions below image: Good point. The suggestions have now been moved up above the image.
  • View the file source code in the page: I am working on a solution for this. The parts list has a pop-up for Bricklink wanted list code, so this feature should be easy to add for the file content.
  • Line breaks: The code was saving with Linux line ends. I have changed it to Windows style, which is also more correct according to the standard.
  • Unofficial_Model vs Official Model: It was not easy to make a good decision here. I want people to be able to change to either of these values, but this also causes you to be able to change back and forth all the time. I have come up with a new solution. When you set it to 'Model' it is unlikely that you want to change it back to unofficial, so I have removed the option - unless you just pressed 'Model' - then you are still able to press 'Unofficial' in case you pressed the other button by mistake.
  • Having red/green ticks next to the header fields: This makes sense. I will look into a way where this will not be too cluttered while still showing the OMR messages - this is currently a challenge for me to get right for users on touch-based devices, hence the more blunt OMR line blocks below.
  • Download vs Upload: I am not sure I understand this correctly. 'Upload' always means computer->website, while 'Download' means website->computer.
I will return once I have a solution for the being able to view the file content.

And again. Please bring in more suggestions. Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Online tool for OMR compliance - by Eugen - 2019-06-17, 13:31
RE: Online tool for OMR compliance - by Lasse Deleuran - 2019-07-13, 21:21