Ldcad part alignment

RE: Ldcad part alignment
(2019-04-18, 5:39)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Three tricks that come in handy in this kind of situation:
- If you select a part before adding the new part, the new part will use previously selected part orientation. This will work here, select the blue angled beam before adding the white one. The white beam will have the right orientation and you'll just have to use snapping to place it exactly on pins.
This trick i use it allways but it looks that i did not implement this when i was building this part of the car.

- Use relative grid: in the previous case, default orientation of parts could result in the need of rotating the added part by 90° in the local orientation of the part. pressing "o" with the part selected will allow to do that (see http://www.melkert.net/LDCad/docs/basicEdit, "building at angles" section).

After i wrote the question i found this also in the software. but i feel that its better the other solution you mention upper.

- If none of these tricks are enough, then rely on LDCad angle measurements and triangle closure tool. (see http://www.melkert.net/LDCad/docs/advEdit, "shock absorber section" and LDCad Youtube videos).
This one i was not aware.

As a general rule, I never use fine moves and visual placement when doing a model, except when the model relies on flexiblility of parts, forcing me to distribute the error to compensate.
Good to know.

thank you very much. i was thinking also an option that can be added to ldcad, its to copy properties from other bricks to current selection. like color, angle, position etc.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Ldcad part alignment - by Victor Di Rienzo - 2019-04-17, 22:39
RE: Ldcad part alignment - by Victor Di Rienzo - 2019-04-18, 15:11
RE: Ldcad part alignment - by Roland Melkert - 2019-04-18, 16:18
RE: Ldcad part alignment - by Orion Pobursky - 2019-04-20, 15:07
RE: Ldcad part alignment - by Orion Pobursky - 2019-04-21, 23:20
RE: Ldcad part alignment - by Magnus Forsberg - 2019-04-22, 10:29
RE: Ldcad part alignment - by Magnus Forsberg - 2019-04-22, 12:02
RE: Ldcad part alignment - by Roland Melkert - 2019-04-23, 19:01