LPub3D - Submodel not shown in main model

RE: LPub3D - Submodel not shown in main model
(2019-04-18, 21:43)Roland Melkert Wrote: This is a filesystem and/or OS limitation, still shouldn't cause a crash though.

Also the special char problems might be OS depended too, as things are a minefield in the Windows low level file io api's regarding to character encoding.

Since LPub3D uses Qt, in theory this stuff should work as well as possible on all platforms. (When I say "as well as possible", I'm acknowledging that different platforms have different limits.) Obviously that's not the case.  Since it creates files and passes things like paths into commands running other programs (like LDView), it could be that the commands aren't properly handling UTF-8 special characters, and it could also be that the programs in question don't properly handle them. I know that in the past, LDView didn't work with arbitrary UTF-8 filenames. I'm pretty sure I fixed that, but I'm not sure if my fix has made it into a release yet, since I can't remember precisely when I fixed it.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: LPub3D - Submodel not shown in main model - by Travis Cobbs - 2019-04-18, 23:58