ldcad arrows helpers

RE: ldcad arrows helpers
(2018-09-29, 18:23)Roland Melkert Wrote: The initial idea was you could use them while aligning weird stuff. The idea comes from my LD4DStudio project where you used similar arrows to build the animation skeleton.

In the higher versions I realized they are actually of very little use, I'm therefore not entirely certain if I include them in LDCad 2.0.
Please don't drop them from 2.0, they are quite useful:
  • Suppose I have a bunch of parts that I want to rotate about some common centre. I can place a helper there and then select all the parts (with the helper first) to rotate them all.
  • Suppose I have two long beams pinned at their ends, and set at some angle to one another. I want to know which holes I should use to brace the structure. I can insert two helpers and, showing the distance between them, move them around to various holes until I find a length close to an integer number of studs.
Without the helper arrows I'd probably just insert some dummy part that serves the same function, colouring them pink or something to make it easier to remember to remove later.

If there is some feature in the later versions that means I don't need helpers to do this, I'd be interested to know.

Owen.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
ldcad arrows helpers - by Victor Di Rienzo - 2018-09-29, 1:23
RE: ldcad arrows helpers - by Roland Melkert - 2018-09-29, 18:23
RE: ldcad arrows helpers - by Owen Dive - 2018-09-30, 0:43
RE: ldcad arrows helpers - by Roland Melkert - 2018-09-30, 19:26