Original Grey Technic motor from 1977: 6216a

RE: Original Grey Technic motor from 1977: 6216a
(2018-03-29, 21:37)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: IMO, we should keep the correct lego number 6216 on this motor.
6216m -- 6216c01
6216a -- 6216c02
but all the "sub-parts" should be moved to u93XX numbers.

I think we should arrange it like other motors have been arranged.
One static, complete housing (without the axle) + one user adaptable axle.
motor = body (complete (casing+core)) + axle (complete (steel axle + plastic axle))

I added some metal connector plates inside the core, 6216mb.dat. Are they passably correct?

How about the length of the steel axle? I think it is way too long. It shoudn't protrude outside the case, into the core. Right?

It seems that LEGO distinguishes between "design numbers" and "element numbers".
The design number is the number, which is visible on the inside of the part.
The element number is the number you find in the building instructions.

Original danish text from LEGO's web-site: "De fleste af vores sæt har en liste af alle inkluderede dele med deres element numre i slutningen af byggevejledningen. Design nummeret er støbt i indersiden af elementet selv."

Design number 6216 has two element numbers:
621623 and 621624
Thus the motor would have element number 6216, which is not the design number.
(I'm not sure the links are direct links)

About the length of the axle - I'm not sure what you mean. Protrude -do you mean the front or the back ?

I think the steel axle could be the same for both variants of the motor (just the fraction shorter, mentioned earlier).
Then one of two short black plastic axles could be added (one that is shared with the gearbox that looks like the motor and one for the grey 1982 model).

I'm not completely sure if it's a good idea having a single "motor housing" where you can't "pull it apart" - I can see the advantages, but since the motor can be taken apart and someone might want to purchase/sell such parts separately (because the counterpart may have been damaged), it might be a good idea to keep them separated - just an opinion.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Original Grey Technic motor from 1977: 6216a - by Jens Bauer - 2018-03-29, 22:30