we need a "comments" section at the OMR

RE: we need a "comments" section at the OMR
(2018-02-03, 10:34)Steffen Wrote: >  I scrapped the idea however, since then there would be no control at all over the file (quality).

Right now you have the opposite effect:
- there are mistakes in the OMR files which don't get reported
- the submittal process is manually tedious (collecting from forum posts, tracking where the corrected versions are, etc.)

So you now have minor quality _plus_ tedious manual work.

Having a self-submitting and review mechanism, you could drop the handwork, _plus_ would get better quality.

I think the absolute minimum would be a "comments" section at each model, where spotted problems can be reported,
and marked with a checkmark if the model author has resolved that problem.

Yes, I certainly agree with you there on all points. The thing is that when I created the OMR site it was just a small side-project to gather some experience and I wanted to keep it simple. The fact that it actually became an LDraw site was never really planned at the beginning. Since then I learned a lot more and I'm confident that I/we can create everything we would like to see in an 'OMR 2.0'; the only rare good is time. The more we want, the more time it takes...

But, the ideas you bring to the table such as using the part tracker as review platform might take less time. I have no idea however, if something like that is possible from a part-tracker standpoint.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Idea for OMR - by Steffen - 2018-02-03, 10:31
RE: Idea for OMR - by Orion Pobursky - 2018-02-03, 18:01
RE: Idea for OMR - by Philippe Hurbain - 2018-02-03, 18:45
RE: Idea for OMR - by Willy Tschager - 2018-02-03, 20:36
RE: we need a "comments" section at the OMR - by Merlijn Wissink - 2018-02-03, 11:57
git backend - by Steffen - 2018-02-03, 10:36
RE: git backend - by Michael Horvath - 2018-02-03, 23:32
RE: git backend - by Steffen - 2018-02-04, 13:00