Part number for double injection and assemblies

RE: Part number for double injection and assemblies
(2017-11-27, 19:34)Willy Tschager Wrote:
(2017-11-27, 14:29)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: OK... Element count is not a clear criteria...
Glued?

No glue on the borders of the lens but the gap you see on the picture is closed with a transparent finishing on the surface. Scratching with your nail over the outside ring you cannot feel any imperfection - perfect surface as if the spine of the lens had  melted into the black ring.

w.

I now bravely took a 30152 and cut it apart...

It looks like it is a dual injection or 'welded' together by some other thermal process that got the lens and the holder together. The hollow handle does reach all the way through to the transparent part, i.e. lens.

The design on the PT needs to be refined a bit further IMHO to represent the part properly. I never noticed till today that there is a bit of the transparent part sticking out... 

90463 is two parts. You can take it apart some force though, but it does not break. The holder is more felxible than standard ABS and you can assemble it again without leaving any marks.

That needs to be newly authored.

Same goes for 10830, however I do not have this at hand, to check if you can force out the lens.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Part number for double injection and assemblies - by Gerald Lasser - 2017-11-27, 21:23