Part submission: 2431pb339 Tile 1 x 4 with MA-xxxxxxxx pattern

RE: Part submission: 2431pb339 Tile 1 x 4 with MA-xxxxxxxx pattern
(2017-11-10, 10:15)Karen M Wrote: Hi team, here's my first real submission to LDraw: a patterned plate exclusive to set 70618-1 (Benny's Spaceship from The Lego Movie).  I don't have the actual part in my hand, so if someone with that set can double-check it will be greatly appreciated.

Some notes:
  • Most of the tile just inherits from the existing 'faceless 1 x 4 tile', only the actual tile face is new.
  • All of the symmetrical and repeated portions of the text are implemented through some new primitives, which I've noted as private.
  • Tile face is guaranteed fully tesselated
  • Hand-sculpted for extra TLC

Hi Karen,

congratulation for diving into the nuts'n'bolts of the LDraw code. Reminds me always of my first LDraw part - and the many tribal knowledge I didn't have at the time. I'm gonna address the first issue when I look at your code:

0 Name: 2431pb339.dat

As you might know we do not follow the taxonomy of other LEGO related sites - as we are total snobs who do their way or the highway we number them according to out scheme. Please read:

http://www.ldraw.org/library/tracker/ref/patterns/

and ask Chris for an appropriate number via mail.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Part submission: 2431pb339 Tile 1 x 4 with MA-xxxxxxxx pattern - by Willy Tschager - 2017-11-10, 19:52