How to add/update latest parts in LDCad?

RE: How to add/update latest parts in LDCad?
(2017-10-12, 9:41)Yasen Nikolov Wrote: ....

By default the Unofficial folder has its own sub-folder "parts"
d:\programs\LDraw\Parts\Unofficial\Parts

Now why I was only getting the subparts and not the whole part. I opened the .dat file ("d:\programs\LDraw\Parts\Unofficial\Parts\23801.dat") and saw that it was referring to other .dat files, but they were not present in the Unofficial path, so I copied the "p" folder from Official library path into the Unofficial path, so we now have these auxiliary parts in the unofficial library:
d:\programs\LDraw\Parts\Unofficial\Parts\p

Then I saw that one part was referring to a subfolder "s" - "s\23801s01.dat", which again was not present in the unofficial path. So i copied the subfolder "s" from the Official path and placed it into it's corresponding place in the unofficial path:
D:\Programs\LDraw\Parts\parts\s    ->    D:\Programs\LDraw\Parts\Unofficial\Parts\s

I think you are hitting a bug / limitation of the LDCad search paths internals.

Because it shouldn't be necessary to copy p and s from the official library, as files are searched for in all libraries (from bottom to top), meaning that the official s\23801s01.dat will be loaded from the official location even when referred to from a unoffical location if the official library is above the unofficial one in the dialog.

The reason this isn't working in your scenario is probably because you are using the unofficial library as a sub location of the official one, which is something I never really mend to happen Smile

So using, e.g.
d:\programs\LDraw\Offical\ (containing parts and p from complete.zip)
d:\programs\LDraw\Unofficial\ (containing parts and p from ldrawunf.zip)

Should work without the need to copy stuff around.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to add/update latest parts in LDCad? - by Roland Melkert - 2017-10-12, 17:18