LPub3D substitute submodel in assembly

RE: LPub3D substitute submodel in assembly
(2017-06-30, 7:41)Merlijn Wissink Wrote: So, I have a question regarding LPub3D, or rather using the available meta commands in a specific way.
I have a submodel that is 'formed'; all hinges are rotated. Then I have a copy of that submodel which is non-formed; completely straight. I want LPub to generate instructions for the non-formed version, but then showing the formed version in the assembly. I hope that makes sense to anyone.

Is there a way to do this? I can vaguely remember I did something like this in the past, but I wasn't able to find my implementation so I'm not sure it's even possible. Any ideas?

I would suggest you make use of the REMOVE GROUP meta and grouping like MLCad does.
This way you can put all your hinge parts in groups and then add a last step where you "remove" all the groups and place all hinges formed.
I could help you if you're willing to sent me the model via pm or e-mail. I'll take a look.
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: LPub3D substitute submodel in assembly - by Jaco van der Molen - 2017-06-30, 14:24