LDCad 1.6 Beta 1 (win+linux)

RE: LDCad 1.6 Beta 1 (win+linux)
(2017-02-03, 21:18)Roland Melkert Wrote: So do you think it's worth including anyway?
Any idea on additional stuff needed to make this usable?
Thanks for starting your work on this, Roland! I think it would be better to release 1.7_Alpha1 with this feature (as soon as possible) so we all can test the new interface, send you a feedback and you can decide freely what/how to change or improve.

What I see now:

* those test functions (isCYL etc.) are four only, where is, for example, isAxle?
* I do not see any functions to get a part this snap object is a part of and vice versa - a list of part's snap objects
* for future, it would be nice to have a function connected_snaps() returning a list of snap objects "snapped" to this one

About your question: I'm not sure what do you mean about those 16 snap objects of a brick 2x4. Too many of them? Or how to use them? I believe it is really usable to have a way how to display them and be able to select one (or more). For example, imagine a brick 1x6: with this feature, it would be - finally! - possible to put it in the non-right angle, like using Pythagorian triangle 3,4,5. It's a common technique in a real LEGO building (i.e. putting a house on a terrain in another angle than 90 deg) but hard to do in LDCad without calculating the angle manually. And many other examples.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: LDCad 1.6 Beta 1 (win+linux) - by TestOne - 2016-12-28, 15:33
RE: LDCad 1.6 Beta 1 (win+linux) - by TestOne - 2016-12-28, 21:49
RE: LDCad 1.6 Beta 1 (win+linux) - by Milan Vančura - 2017-02-04, 21:42