LDCad 1.6 Beta 1 (win+linux)

RE: LDCad 1.6 Beta 1 (win+linux)
(2017-01-30, 20:37)Roland Melkert Wrote:
(2017-01-30, 8:21)Milan Vančura Wrote: bug: LDCad exits with exitcode 255 and without any message on the screen if it found the lock file (after previous segfaulted LDCad run).
Did it crash while working or could it be similar to the Windows shutdown bug Philo mentions below? Do you mean the single instance/ipc lock file(s) in /tmp or ~ ?
It crashed during working and unexpectedly - I didn't do anything special. In fact, I was in the middle of moving the mouse pointer when LDCad crashed. That's why I cannot reproduce that any longer - I have no clue.
However, the problem with exitcode 255 can be simulated without any previous crash. All you need to do is to run LDCad and then run the second one. It ends almost immediately (with exitcode 255) and tries to bring the window of the first LDCad instance to the foreground. But if it is not possible, for example because the first LDCad window is on another virtual screen, all you can see is a very fast blink, something like the very first window with LDCad welcome message and credentials, immediately disappearing back again and that's all. The second LDCad instance exits with exitcode 255 with no visible action. I had to run it in strace to see what happened.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: LDCad 1.6 Beta 1 (win+linux) - by TestOne - 2016-12-28, 15:33
RE: LDCad 1.6 Beta 1 (win+linux) - by TestOne - 2016-12-28, 21:49
RE: LDCad 1.6 Beta 1 (win+linux) - by Milan Vančura - 2017-02-01, 1:05