LDCad 1.6 Beta 1 (win+linux)

RE: LDCad 1.6 Beta 1 (win+linux)
(2017-01-05, 8:51)Merlijn Wissink Wrote: It looks quite good. Although, the whole lighting seems a bit low/dark to me and the parts look a little too shiny. Especially red bricks looked a little too dark, but again, that might've been the lighting. Other than that it looks pretty good. Smile
I don't think I can share those images (yet) in public, but I could send you a PM if you'd like to see them.
Currently it uses a single parallel light simular to the OpenGL one used inside the editor. You can add more (shadow less ones) by using an include file or by editing the .pov file afterwards. I do plan to make it more configurable from inside LDCad in a future version though.

(2017-01-05, 8:51)Merlijn Wissink Wrote: I don't know if you were planning to take the exporter further or not, but it would be really cool if you'd make it like LDD-to-POV-Ray. A program like that is severely lacking the in the LDraw ecosystem. There are a lot of ways to export LDraw to POV-Ray, there are a lot of guides on how to make the POV-Ray render look better by manually editing stuff, but there's no in between.
I'm still tweaking the defaults and some improvements are planned to help with choosing the zoom etc. I'm also thinking abuot adding LGEO support but that system is so fragmented at the moment that I first have to (re)familiarize with it myself.

(2017-01-05, 8:51)Merlijn Wissink Wrote: If you don't know LDD-to-POV-Ray, here are some example images of what LDD-to-Pov-Ray can do.
That looks very extensive, my previous exporter (inside LD4DStudio) had more options but I felt no one was using that. So with this one I choose to outsource most things to the .pov files inside the %appdata% folder that way advanced users can make custom settings while the other users have a 'simple' dialog.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: LDCad 1.6 Beta 1 (win+linux) - by Roland Melkert - 2017-01-06, 19:03
RE: LDCad 1.6 Beta 1 (win+linux) - by TestOne - 2016-12-28, 15:33
RE: LDCad 1.6 Beta 1 (win+linux) - by TestOne - 2016-12-28, 21:49