LDCad 1.6 Beta 1 (win+linux)

RE: LDCad 1.6 Beta 1 (win+linux)
(2016-12-28, 15:33)TestOne Wrote: Hi all, one question aout snap information:
I've seen that there are some parts with wrong or missing snap information in the shadow library (as an example part 3839b and related have misaligned snap information for the handles, whilst part 3839a is ok). With parts like 3839b it isn't a problem to correct the snap point, but with parts like 58247 which one is the best way to find the right snap position (for vertical stands)? Is the 102° rotation a standard in all minifig accessories (I desumed it from the rotation matrix of already corrected parts), or is there a better way to find the correct orientation?
How do you choose the best orietnation/placement for part snapping when the snap information is missing or wrong? By analyzing the part elements?

3839b is indeed very wrong, 58247 is actually the way it is on purpose as I figured that part is mostly used with minifig hand clips. I will add the other cylinders for 58247 too.

As for finding the orientation of things, I usually try to find the used cyli reference by selecting them one by one in the source window combined with using 'o' in 2D mode.

The whole shadow editing thing is a bit limited as it is essentially 'hacked' in because LDCad was never designed to be a part editor.  It used to be only enabled in my debug builds as it isn't very user friendly to say the least Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: LDCad 1.6 Beta 1 (win+linux) - by TestOne - 2016-12-28, 15:33
RE: LDCad 1.6 Beta 1 (win+linux) - by Roland Melkert - 2016-12-28, 18:14
RE: LDCad 1.6 Beta 1 (win+linux) - by TestOne - 2016-12-28, 21:49