Lpub3d crashes when trying to open mpd

RE: Lpub3d crashes when trying to open mpd
(2016-10-28, 12:38)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Hi Balasz,
Welcome here!
I hope that Trevor will be able to cast some light here, but it seems that the problem is related to the minimal header of each submodel in your file.
I tried with your biggest model and lpub3d 1.3.5. It trundles a bit (several seconds, flashing image on screen) then crashes. Since I couldn't find anything wrong with your file except the (too) simple headers, I added you as author, using LDCad 1.6 alpha 4 cleanup function. After that, the file loaded fine and I could browse the (whooping) 152 pages of generated instructions. Attached the modified file. Tell us if it works for you too!

(edit): definitely related to headers. I tried your 11 submodel file, crashed too. I added a name line to each submodel (using LDCad cleanup, sync name option). Problem solved...

Amazing, thank you very much for your help! I never thought that the missing author could cause the issue... I quickly replaced the headers in the full file as well (60 subfiles) and it opened flawlessly! Smile The instructions by default are pretty long now (445 pages), but I'll consolidate steps to a single page and there're a lot of steps to convert to callouts as well.

As this is my very first model and instructions I see there's still a lot to learn, but thank to this great community hopefully all challenges will be solved  Smile Now I'll try to wrap my head around the buffer exchange topic, there're some steps that will definitely require exploded view and arrows.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lpub3d crashes when trying to open mpd - by Balazs Kiss - 2016-10-28, 16:30