Some more findings in LPub3D

RE: Some more findings in LPub3D
(2016-09-13, 12:57)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: Model Description does not respond to placing it somewhere relative to the page
For example:
0 !LPUB PAGE MODEL_DESCRIPTION PLACEMENT LOCAL TOP PAGE INSIDE
0 !LPUB PAGE MODEL_DESCRIPTION PLACEMENT LOCAL TOP_RIGHT PAGE INSIDE
do not work and keeps placing the description top left

Setting an automatic piece count gives wrong count
Most of the time in an MPD with multiple submodels and multiple usages of certain same submodels.
For example the model I am working on now has 768 parts and LPub3D gives 753.

Assembly margins in a callout only seem to affect the top (or bottom) margin
Horizontal margins have no effect. Setting a margin in a call out separator gives odd results too.

Jaco,

Thanks for sending these findings. Indeed, items 1 and 2 are known areas of weakness. Actually, I have to rewrite the page attributes functionality because (among other limitations) they are placed relative to each other which can give strange behaviors. 

On the second item, the logic to properly identify used parts is really tricky. At some point I have to design a more consistent framework. I'll take a look.

I was not aware of the last item. If you can model an example that would be excellent.

... on my side, good news! I finished the patch for managing mixed page size and orientation during printing. It was a bit of a challenge but it was fun. Basically, LPub was using the default print engine (with pdf format output) which functions just as a physical printer. This means that as no one is likely to physically print different size pages during the same print run (at least not in standard printing), the pdf printer seems unhappy when you try to switch page size while the printer is active. Switching to the pdfWriter engine removes the limitation on both size and orientation while the 'printer' is active.

Some images...

pdf document:

png images:

Cheers,
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some more findings in LPub3D - by Trevor Sandy - 2016-09-13, 14:16