[LDPartEditor] 0.8.24 Beta Released (Rounding per X,Y,Z / bugfix)

RE: [LDPartEditor] Problems with condlines/flipper tool
(2016-09-19, 15:48)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: How fast will it be if you, like I've done, add a 3D-logo to my stud.dat file? I use my own file, logo5.dat.
This makes me have to turn on lo-res studs in Ldview, when I open or work on a large model or baseplate.

Well, unfortunately it is not that easy. LDPE will try to load the arbitrary vertex and adjacency data from logo5.dat into the system memory. The whole file tree, with lots of redundant and superflous data...
I have ideas to reduce the memory footprint, but this kind of cheating contradicts with the current design idea to represent the LDraw part file tree as close and as accurate as I can...
The loading process took more than 10GB of my system RAM... and then it failed to generate some data to render...
But I was able to load four stug-16x16.dat stud groups instead and it was rendered with a frametime of 30ms. I did not enable backface culling.

TL;DR You cannot use hundreds of logo5.dat high-res studs with LDPE. It will load the model with every grain of data it may contain. Every vertex and all its connection info... and this will eat all system resources.

There is already an option to display the stud logo. I may integrate HQ stud versions in the future...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
What is "epic"? - by Nils Schmidt - 2016-09-08, 18:56
RE: [LDPartEditor] Problems with condlines/flipper tool - by Nils Schmidt - 2016-09-19, 20:26