LDCad 1.6 Alpha 4 (win+linux)

RE: LDCad 1.6 Alpha 4 (win+linux)
(2016-12-12, 21:46)Niklas Buchmann Wrote: There is one small thing I would like to see added in a future version:

I would like to be able to add 'tags' (keywords) to parts to be able to find them easier. This feature could make use of the shadow library to leave the existing files intact, but work in any other way similar to the 0! KEYWORDS that can be added to parts.

One example would be to add the tag 'cone' to the 98100 part (Brick 2x2 round sloped) to make it show up in the search results for cone without modifying the original file on disc.

Nice idea, but I don't think it should use the shadow library as that isn't user oriented data (changes apply to all users).

Also currently adding a KEYWORDS line to shadow files won't make it searchable as the search bin uses the *.inv file which is generated from the non shadow part file headers only.

You could however edit the parts.inv file after it has been generated to add some keywords manually. But it might be regenerated at anytime (if some source file timestamp is > the .inv file timestamp).

The structure of parts.inv (in config folder) is fairly simple, you can open it in any text editor and do a search for 98100.dat . the following lines are the gathered stats on the part just below the update tag (e.g. 2015-02) a number is given which indicates the number of keywords (0 for 98100.dat) to add keyword(s) add the number and insert the keyword below it, e.g:

Code:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\LDraw\complete.zip\ldraw\parts\98100.dat
offLibParts
zip
C:\Users\Public\Documents\LDraw\complete.zip
98100.dat
Brick  2 x  2 Round Sloped
Brick
2015-02
cone
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread