LDCad 1.6 Alpha 4 (win+linux)

RE: LDCad 1.6 Alpha 4 (win+linux): Dynamic vs. static placement in flex parts?
(2016-10-17, 9:37)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Attached file shows a "problem" I got with pneumatic LQ hose. When using dynamic placement (default of template), there is a step at the ends of straight section. This is solved either by limiting merging (but file size is a bit bigger, and some steps are still visible), or switching to static placement which definitely gives better result for the same size. Suggestions and insights?...

(edit): While fiddling with tubing in my model, I got a case where LDCad generated LDraw substitution code contains singular matrices references. Attached...

(edit2): singular matrices seems related to static placement + nearby waypoints with "overlapping" control handles. The same tube with dynamic placement looks bad but doesn't create singular matrices, getting control handle closer to their respective waypoint solves both problems.

Thanks Philo,

Those matrix problems seem to be caused by control  points extended past the next/prev control one like you suspected. This can be prevented by minimizing the distances (use the DYNHP mode for this) I'll try to improve the generator for this situation but I'm not sure that's even possible.

The step problem is because of the accumulation of angle difference during merging I think. Maybe I need to make the minimal allowed angle a function of the distance of the segment instead of the current static one.

Dynamic placements does matrix interpolation which is preferable for curved sections, but it seems it has a problem with long straight sections, I'll see if I can improve the interpolation somehow.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: LDCad 1.6 Alpha 4 (win+linux): Dynamic vs. static placement in flex parts? - by Roland Melkert - 2016-10-17, 18:35