Animated Rotation of Model

RE: Animated Rotation of Model
(2020-12-17, 18:33)P Ko Wrote: I have only recently discovered LDraw and can already appreciate the decades of work you guys have put into this. Also, sorry to revive an old thread but this seemed the most relevant to what I'm about to accomplish.

I would like to render individual pieces in isometric pixel art style so that the zoom level stays constant between each render. I've been using LDView on the command line to accomplish this. I haven't found any way to fix the zoom level. Only thing that seems to directly affect the size of the produced snapshot are the -SaveWidth= and -SaveHeight= parameters. 

Is there any way to fix the zoom level so that an invidual 1x1 stud is NxM pixels in each isometric render regardless of the size of the original brick?

If not possible with LDView is it possible in combination with other tools like L3P and POV-Ray?

Edit: Turns out it produces exactly the desired output by using the -cg30,45,50000 parameter

You found an answer, but there should be two ways to do this:

Use -ModelSize=<size> to instruct LDView to pretend the model is the specified size. As long as the size you give it is at least as big as the biggest thing you render, it should do what you want. The size is the diameter of a sphere big enough to fully enclose the model centered at the model's center.

Alternatively (as you discovered), you can use -cg<lat>,<lon>,<rad>, and specify a fixed value for the camera globe radius. You'll have to figure out the appropriate radius. You can use Tools->Show POV-Ray Camera Info to show the camera location and the look_at point. The distance between those two points is the value you want for the radius (assuming you have the FOV set the same).
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Animated Rotation of Model - by Tanner S. - 2016-05-14, 1:59
RE: Animated Rotation of Model - by Tanner S. - 2016-05-19, 19:39
RE: Animated Rotation of Model - by Tanner S. - 2016-05-18, 20:48
RE: Animated Rotation of Model - by Tanner S. - 2016-05-19, 19:54
RE: Animated Rotation of Model - by P Ko - 2020-12-17, 18:33
RE: Animated Rotation of Model - by Travis Cobbs - 2020-12-17, 23:00