With LDD Being Discontinued I've elected to migrate to LDraw and would like some help

RE: With LDD Being Discontinued I've elected to migrate to LDraw and would like some help
(2016-04-17, 18:16)Roland Melkert Wrote: You can create custom bin content by editing/adding .pbg files in the %appdata%\LDCad\partbin\  folder. See the techdocs on my site and the readme.txt files in the folder for more information.

There are however a few parts that do have those numbers. These are the official physically colored parts. This is an optional sub branche of the official part library but is far from complete and somewhat abandended. Mayne one of the official library authors/maintainers can give you more info on this.

That... sounds like a lot of work.  Does any LDraw application support 'official colours for parts only'?  It just seems like a major oversight to me and is really game-breaking.
I might as well just stick with LDD, it's got part snapping, collision detection, and official colours only.

I'm just not seeing this:
(2016-04-16, 18:35)Roland Melkert Wrote: LDraw (imho) has more to offer trough its many available tools and editors.

given the lack of things I'd consider pretty major.

I'm really wanting to like LDraw, but this is pretty major.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: With LDD Being Discontinued I've elected to migrate to LDraw and would like some help - by Hamish Grace - 2016-04-18, 9:09